• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pretty sure I got hosed

UPDATE- the t shock marking is raised not indented. Will try to get better pics tomorrow. Will also see about weight on a digital scale. Almost everything feels off. Supposedly everything is Oakley OEM but the lenses are loose in frame, hinges are way looser than any I've ever seen, and there is definitely a difference in the density of the coating between them and the 2 other plasma I own.

Check the inside of the bridge if you must but they are legit no doubts. A fake will have slot screws as opposed to a flat pin head. Arm tips are fine, orbital cuts are correct and the frames 'thickness' also checks out properly. As carerra has said, it's a 4th gen non serial so no need to panic here.

Last edited:
Lenses being lose does not mean anything. Like others have said it could be aftermarket lenses and since these frames were cast there were inconsistencies in the lens channels. Lenses would rattle in the frames from factory so this is not a sign of a fake. A picture of the inside of the nose bridge would really clear things up.
Damn I am tired, you are correct Rusts M. So it could very well be the real deal.
Dingos don't get tired!! Oh wait you are just getting old now!! Get some rest old man!!

As requested, pic of inside nose-bridge. They're pins not screws!! :) Also pics of hinge screws.

20160821_131406.jpg
20160821_131705.jpg
20160821_132048.jpg

Thanks everybody for their responses. Don't feel so worried anymore. Now just need to find a replacement left earstem.

Back