1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Mattikins

Mattikins Oakley Beginner

Has anyone noticed the larger price difference when buying a pair polarized sunglasses vs non-polarized as compared to the price difference between just buying polarized lenses vs non-polarized lenses.

Example. Polarized flak jackets are $210 vs $150 for non polarized, therefore a $60 difference. But polarized lenses for flak jackets are $90 vs $60 for non polarized, a $30 difference. So why have a $60 up-charge on polarized sunglasses when the lenses only cost $30 more?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

In that example, would it be wiser to then spend $240 just to have a pair with polarized lenses?

Lux doin werk m8.

Mattikins likes this.
  3. Mattikins

Mattikins Oakley Beginner

I was thinking the exact same thing! Might as well buy the standard version and spend an extra $90 for polarized and at least this way you'll have an extra set of lenses for only $30 more than the price of the polarized pair.

4. QLR1

QLR1 DARK SIDE, embraced!

You have to do the math. For me, I tend to get cheap frames and, if needed, I'll splurge on a polarized set. I got some Eyepatch 2 sunglasses for about $60. I decided to get some polarized lenses. Yeah, they were $90, but the total cost wasn't much more than a regular pair with polarized lenses. I think it was a $10 difference.