• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Price difference from Standard to Polarized Lenses

Mattikins

Oakley Beginner
Has anyone noticed the larger price difference when buying a pair polarized sunglasses vs non-polarized as compared to the price difference between just buying polarized lenses vs non-polarized lenses.

Example. Polarized flak jackets are $210 vs $150 for non polarized, therefore a $60 difference. But polarized lenses for flak jackets are $90 vs $60 for non polarized, a $30 difference. So why have a $60 up-charge on polarized sunglasses when the lenses only cost $30 more?

Has anyone noticed the larger price difference when buying a pair polarized sunglasses vs non-polarized as compared to the price difference between just buying polarized lenses vs non-polarized lenses.

Example. Polarized flak jackets are $210 vs $150 for non polarized, therefore a $60 difference. But polarized lenses for flak jackets are $90 vs $60 for non polarized, a $30 difference. So why have a $60 up-charge on polarized sunglasses when the lenses only cost $30 more?

In that example, would it be wiser to then spend $240 just to have a pair with polarized lenses?

Lux doin werk m8.

In that example, would it be wiser to then spend $240 just to have a pair with polarized lenses?

Lux doin werk m8.

I was thinking the exact same thing! Might as well buy the standard version and spend an extra $90 for polarized and at least this way you'll have an extra set of lenses for only $30 more than the price of the polarized pair.

You have to do the math. For me, I tend to get cheap frames and, if needed, I'll splurge on a polarized set. I got some Eyepatch 2 sunglasses for about $60. I decided to get some polarized lenses. Yeah, they were $90, but the total cost wasn't much more than a regular pair with polarized lenses. I think it was a $10 difference.

Latest Posts

Back