• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Price Difference - Why?

There are also the import & tax dutys with the different countries plus transport in shipping the goods around the world etc. We here in the UK pay VAT on everything imported into the county (or rather should if we have paid for it from abroad) if the amount is below something like £30. If it is above that amount then we pay (or should pay) import duty & VAT.

I sell some stuff in AUS on a regular basis. One item for instance shipping in the US is $25, shipping to AUS is $195 but... includes shipping the pan from my warehouse in Missouri to California, loading it to a container headed for Australia, importing it into Australia (including duties and fees) and then shipping it to your location.

And then the other reason why Oakley charge higher prices outside the U.S. is simply because they can.
They are a premium product.

Example being Juliets RRP in US $350.
UK is £300. Which is about $450.

And bearing in mind retailers have a 100% profit margin on Oakley sunglasses too, makes buying them outside of the US a little bit more galling.

But hey, it's like everything. We like 'em, so we buy 'em anyway.

^+1.

For most Oakley addicts, we are willing to do what it takes to get what we want from them lol. I just sacrifice in other areas to make up for it which is rough at times.

Well said Yoshi couldn't agree more, can be very tough when multiple rare models you want all appear simultaneously

This is true so I just pick & choose what i'm after as they will come up again. Took me 6 months to get my collection of Plate together & i've being looking at OTT's for over a year now so the OTT is the priority for me now & then who knows what next. Possibly a Romeo 1. It's all a game of patience sometimes:cool:

Latest Posts

Back