• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold PRICE DROP Prototype/TestPair X-Metal Juliet codenamed "Thick T15"

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

These were a recent acquisition which I had planned to keep for the "collection." Alas, I'm cash poor at the moment, so these are destined for someone else's shelf. I'd like to keep these in the 'community' as they're not a wear-pair, but should be in someone's collection.

Not too much is known about these other than they were either a prototype or test pair. The person I got them from got them from Oakley some 20+ years ago and they were in his possession, and worn often, that whole time. According to him they were one of the veeeery first X's made, code-named T15. We had some discussion about these on the forum here: Interesting pair on CL "Thick T15"

Unfortunately, the OEM lenses are scratched up, but I'll include them nonetheless. Installed are OEM replacement VR28's in 10/10 condition. Nosebridge is a little loose, butnot in need of a tuneup. Though again, I'd suggest these stay on display as opposed to wearing.

I tried to capture in the picture the very unique finishes that are all over this thing. Some of it is wear, but it's clear that a number of different finishes were tested on this pair. The orbitals and arms all have slightly varying color grades. Overall, it's a really neat piece of Oakley history for anyone who is interested in owning a collectible. Wish they could stay with me, but they don't align with my current goals and I don't have time to try to research the true history of these. Though a socal buyer may want to swing by HQ and see if they know a little more.

Also, if anyone actually knows more about these, please hit me up. I'd love to know the history of this pair.

PRICE DROP: $OLD shipped paypal g/s conus (inquire for intl)

XhRFzmM.jpg

0fLKQiE.jpg

o1GgUWx.jpg

c9oVTOn.jpg

uzs8duk.jpg

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
$250.

Those things have been through hell and back.....probably twice...

Definitely some history there...

GLWS

Username Hidden said:
Is that an offer?

IMO, it is an expert opinion;)

NVRMIND

Username Hidden said:
What does this mean?
This thread is very cryptic or maybe I'm just being dense!

On a more relevant note, to the OP... Is your recommendation that these be in a collection as opposed to worn just based on the collectible / somewhat unique history on these, or is there anything physically that would preclude them from being worn without a tune?

Username Hidden said:
On a more relevant note, to the OP... Is your recommendation that these be in a collection as opposed to worn just based on the collectible / somewhat unique history on these, or is there anything physically that would preclude them from being worn without a tune?

My recommendation is based on what I believe to be its collectible status - that is likely one of the first Juliets made. That being said, they are not in need of a tune-up. The nose-bridge is pretty tight with a small amount of play. The arms are factory tight. And, as I mentioned, there are like-new lenses installed (originals will be included for completeness though they are not in good condition). So yes, they absolutely could be worn.

Username Hidden said:
What does this mean?
This thread is very cryptic or maybe I'm just being dense!

Never Mind
I changed as my post really was Benin and had no relevance to the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.