• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Price drops/bumps/comments in exchange section

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts on this: I don't feel a price drop should be considered a Bump in the sense of limiting to 48 hours. Perhaps someone found more info that indicated they had priced it too high, maybe they had a more urgent need to sell (need to free up funds to make a different purchase or appease wife). I see them as separate things, but that's my opinion.

I guess another question is, if there is a sale thread and someone replies "PM", but then a deal can't be worked out, should the OP be able to post "Still Available"? Someone posting PM in a sale thread often gives the indication they are going to buy something, but it may just be they offer less than seller is willing to take or offer a trade that can't be agreed on. But that PM may cause others to view it as sold and thus not communicate with the OP.

I think the GLWS and the whole this is a good member posts are stoopid. lol I really try and update my pricing and use the bump. I also try and consolidate. Sometimes it makes it hard as I have a watch, x-metal lenses and O-Matter frames but to stop from bumping 5 threads, I try and consolidate. Sometimes if I am not selling a ton of stuff I will keep in separate threads.

I will reply to a post if someone specifies pm sent for a particular item and it has not sold to let others know it is still available.

It also irratates me the people complaining about the exchange who don't contribute to the forum. Pay the measly $35 and save your ebay fees. Stop being cheap. I would like to see premium members sale posts at the top and then everyone elses on the bottom. I would also pay for a sticky for my sale thread to be on page 1 so a $1 to $5 fee would generate funds for the forum.
I do see what your saying, and GLWS posts are stupid, but i do appreciate posts from previous buyers letting others know that the seller is solid. Makes me feel a little better about dealing with them.

@oakleyandi
@wilkie18

All had good records ... They made bad decisions .
I knew (and experienced) the oakleyandi issues, but did not know wilkie was back even, let alone that you'd done a PM deal with him. Sorry to hear that. I dealt with him at least half a dozen times (back when he was active) and everything was smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back