• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Price For A BNIB Plate 24K?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paid $300 BNIB for mine late last year.

Quoted myself. Only i was mistaken in that i bought them two years ago instead of one. I never said that's what they're going for. I simply stated that's how much i paid for mine. I could also have said i paid $100 for a pair of beat up juilets two years ago, but that'd be a steal for anyone at today's rate and i might be short changing the OP.

Again, i'm just saying price fluctuates greatly given time and popularity. This will also serve to argue that yes, if i waited, i might have found a better deal. But there's also that chance that the price could've gone up as well and i would have to spend more. I'll make another case. Two years ago i could've bought a Kenseth Spice for $400. I thought it was outrageous then so i didn't buy. Today, it's pretty tough to find a pair at all.

I just find it amusing you say the prices are ridiculous because of collectors. It's really the buyers that do that for us. If the OP puts it up for $300 and he does sell at that price, then that's what the demand for them is. You can whine and complain that it's not a "fair price", but hey, they sold. It was fair to the buyer. If it doesn't sell, then the OP will keep lowering his price until they do.

you can say 800 is fair and I won't have a problem with it if that's what you think is fair. but when you say 300 if you're buying then say 200 if you're selling. that's just absurd. fair is for both buyer and seller. that's my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.