1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. XMetalAddict

XMetalAddict Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member Lifetime Member

Hi everyone, just wanted to get the collectives opinion about pricing for these sunglasses.

Assuming the lenses and frames are good but no box and coin. How much would a pair be worth with Ruby lenses. Is £400 ($600) reasonable. I feel this is quite high, but that may be just me.

Using this as my reference point:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OAKLEY-JU...916088?hash=item1a0854aa78:g:fhkAAOSwl9BWMTiF

If the whole set is complete with box/coin how much?

I am interested because I really want a pair but they seem to command relatively high price and not sure if this is due to rarity.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

That's a BAD reference point to use.

The price for only the sunglasses is way too high in my opinion.

It's not a R1

3. illumination

illumination Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Just to give an idea of what you can get, I recently got an unworn pair of X Metal Juliets with Ruby Iridium lenses and full box and coin for $450, so I would say that $600 is a bit steep. Even with shipping from the U.S. It came to way less than $600.

XMetalAddict likes this.
  4. X-Metal Beast

X-Metal Beast Oakley Expert Premium Member

For some reason there's all of a sudden a strong demand for Juliet XM. I sold 3 of them in the past couple of weeks, all on eBay, and at higher prices than I thought they would go for. Most specifically SKU 24-125, and sold both pairs above $300 withing minutes or hours of starting the auctions to my surprise. The other pair was a serialized J frame which sold for $250. All of these were for the pairs only, no box/coin. One of those buyers of an SKU pair, matched it up with a box & coin and flipped it for over $500, and the frame was new, but one of the lenses had a scratch.

5. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Your subject pair are WAAY too high.
    These appear to have aftermarket lenses (ruby did not come polarized) or the seller is misstating OEM lenses- which is possible given his high pricing which could indicate a lack of product knowledge.
    At any rate they should be in the $300 range loose w/o box IMO.

6. XMetalAddict

Thanks everyone, you are confirming everything that I thought.

@MSTech you also raise what I am seeing there seems to be an increased demand in this model.

I will just have to wait and see what comes up at the right price point.

7. Wicked

Wicked Oakley Expert Premium Member

Everything goes in waves is what I have noticed. Complete X-Metal/Ruby (SKU 24-125) were selling like wild fire at $550.00 + last year but only fetching $425.00-$450.00 right now.

8. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Correct. For a while Ti02 Juliets were the rage, then they weren't. For a while Titanium/Gold Juliets were until they weren't. For a while Ducati Juliets were until they weren't.
    Ebb and flow.

Wicked likes this.
  9. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

X-metal is a really great finish. Was under-represented in my collection for quite a time but I sorted that and now have 10 or 11.

It's what I've been using for most of the customs (lenses, not finishes) but typically BI pairs so I don't have to pay the premium rubies can attract.

10. XMetalAddict

So that is where they have all been ending up:rofl:

illumination likes this.