• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prices for Juliet X-Metal Finish

Agree with the above value assessments. X-metal is my favorite finish with plasma and polished being the ones I like the least. I'll probably trade off my last 1. gen plasma for a X-metal later if I can (it sees too little face time)

Unless the pair in question is a gen 1 x serial, complete and matching, it should be nowhere near £400. Even a bnib (sku'd) pair would be struggling to go £330, unless the lenses were ultra dark.

Thanks @dcl10, @NoFair and @discostu for your pricing assessment. There are plenty of examples of plasma, polished and recently carbon finish prices. However, X-Metal one is a little more elusive of late.

Also, I am not sure if is me but sometimes it is a little difficult to distinguish between plasma and X-Metal in some photos. Not helped by the description "X-Metal Sunglasses", does not help LOL.

I remember a post that I read when I just started looking at X-Metals that said something along the lines that you start off liking one finish (plasma in my case)and then end up progressing through them all. Sooo true!!!!

Correct. For a while Ti02 Juliets were the rage, then they weren't. For a while Titanium/Gold Juliets were until they weren't. For a while Ducati Juliets were until they weren't.
Ebb and flow.
Ti02s are always gonna be hot,they didn't make many of those

Unless the pair in question is a gen 1 x serial, complete and matching, it should be nowhere near £400. Even a bnib (sku'd) pair would be struggling to go £330, unless the lenses were ultra dark.
I sort of agree with @discostu on this, a matching 1st gen x-serial is worth more than most if not all the other x-metal finished juliet's and they are worth more with the original Ruby lenses too, so value depends a few things, condition for one, how much the buyer will pay and how desperate the buyer is to get his/her hands on what they want, personally I wouldn't shell out that much on the one's in question, but would for the 1st gen I mentioned above...

Back