• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prices!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you saw something you wanted at a price you didn't like .

At the end of the day the seller has a right to dictate any price he sees fit . What you think is high could seem ok to someone else . If you don't like a price then move on . I've been an eBay/Craigslist seller for years , if I had a dollar for every email I got stating my **** wouldn't sell because of price only to end up selling at said price i would be rich .

I actually discussed this general subject, but in an existing dedicated thread, and with less....angst.

Really, the only issue with the high pricing is if a seller is endlessly bumping or sounding desperate to sell without changing their price. Otherwise there is the reality that some items are posted just to test waters. One could wonder if a seller is aware of their prices, but it doesn't need a rant about telling people to get a grip and getting the f*** out. Really OP? No one's stopping you from buying on eBay instead if you see something better there.

Determining an asking price has many variables, and ebay is not the end all be all. I'm with everyone else here. Yea I have scrolled through and seen things that I say to myself "self that will never sell". And low and behold within the day it sells.

This is why it's an "asking price" people can ask whatever they wish and should not be criticized by it at all.

You know the UK currency makes the USD look like pences and pesos. Lol

And sometimes, people just don't want what you are selling, probably a case of bad timing. One poster had his XX (or Juliet) on the forum exchange for a month and there were no takers. He ended up getting it tightened and decided to keep it.
Hey bro, the dollar is at its best for year against the UK pound. That isn't anything to do with it my man. What I is sayin is, some of the pricing is way out on here compared and compared to eBay.
Wow! Some people think it's wrong to complain that selling a pair of Juliet's at $300 which is
Determining an asking price has many variables, and ebay is not the end all be all. I'm with everyone else here. Yea I have scrolled through and seen things that I say to myself "self that will never sell". And low and behold within the day it sells.

This is why it's an "asking price" people can ask whatever they wish and should not be criticized by it at all.
I agree whole heartedly with what yo say! I just opened this discussion for the reason that I don't see many sales different than the pricing on e-BAY! looks LIKE IN HAVE HIT A RAW NERVE.

Hey bro, the dollar is at its best for year against the UK pound. That isn't anything to do with it my man. What I is sayin is, some of the pricing is way out on here compared and compared to eBay.
Wow! Some people think it's wrong to complain that selling a pair of Juliet's at $300 which is

I agree whole heartedly with what yo say! I just opened this discussion for the reason that I don't see many sales different than the pricing on e-BAY! looks LIKE IN HAVE HIT A RAW NERVE.
Ok. Ultimately, you have to decide whether you want to buy the item... If you don't like the price, you can pound sand. But the market will address your questions.

Fact of the matter is it's an asking price. No raw nerve hit here. I buy things off the board almost every single day and my wife gets mad so then I buy her two pairs to my one then things are ok. Prices are so good I can afford to buy her two pairs to my one so I don't get killed in my sleep!

I have found good deals on here. I have also found amazing deals on eBay. I chose the deals on here though simply because I could interact with the seller and feel more at ease that I am not buying something I would regret.

Not to mention, if someone lists a pair at the same cost as buying them at the store, it could be because they didn't like them and are trying to recoup what they paid (as with a couple I have seen that bought customs that couldn't be returned).

I really don't buy much here but I feel better about buying from people I talk with a lot than just buying off eBay and hoping everything will be alright.
I dont know bro,honestly from Ebay most of the times I was surprised positively,that most times the stuff I got was like in new shape(Ti penny for 320$)but sometimes I got stuff in here from Forum member that was advertised as mint and it had scratches!on both lenses and frame,and wasnt able to get anything back(quite sad)
I would say sure there are some honest forum members here,but i think Ebay vs Forum is 50/50

This thread just appears to be a bitch session. If a seller posts a price on an item you can always pm them and make an offer, if they don't agree then just move on. Simple process. If you can't negotiate reasonably then just move on. Pay what you can afford or keep looking, eventually you will find what your looking for at the price you wanna pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back