1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Carlitocarlin

Carlitocarlin Oakley Beginner

Love seeing these comparisons. Just gives me more reasons why i love Oakley ahah

3. eldiablojoe

eldiablojoe Oakley Beginner

Great read. But, ummm, aren't Oakley Splice goggles? Do pilots wear goggles? The magazine article said they took 65 of the most popular brands/models of sunglasses to test to ANSI standards by a certified lab. I haven't ever seen anyone just kickin it at the beach or around town in a pair of goggles.... Jus sayin.

4. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

The Oakley Review - Catalogue Listing

5. eldiablojoe

eldiablojoe Oakley Beginner

Thanks Batwolf, when I searched the products at O.com, all I got were goggles.

6. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

It's interesting to see how much the test results varied for left and right side lenses. I wonder what's causing the variance.

7. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

It could be anything. Without publishing their testing method these results aren't very useful except as a comparative chart between brands.

It might be from setting papillary distance for one pair or one subject and using it across the board (ie, not being in the optical center of the lens). It could be sensor variance, not calibrating them equally for instance. It could be incident light is off center. It could be misalignment in the target.

Their sample size was also one pair of glasses. They could have easily gotten a pair with an optical aberration or imperfection.