• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm daily Polarized vs Black iridium Polarized

Best lens for driving under extremely sunny conditions

• Prizm Daily Polarized

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Black Iridium Polarized

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters

joscejrod

Oakley Beginner
Could you compare prizm daily polarized vs black iridium polarized in all weather conditions? All uses(driving, walking,etc)

I don't have black iridium polarized but i have ice iridium polarized and the daily polarized. The dailys are very nice so far i have used them in snow, sleet, rain and sunny day. They give you a nice array of color and contrast. At first i didn't think i would like them cause I'm so used to dark lenses but I love them.

I don't have black iridium polarized but i have ice iridium polarized and the daily polarized. The dailys are very nice so far i have used them in snow, sleet, rain and sunny day. They give you a nice array of color and contrast. At first i didn't think i would like them cause I'm so used to dark lenses but I love them.
Do the ice iridium polarized just make things darker? I might get a flak jacket for driving and I need a good lens for sunny days.

Do the ice iridium polarized just make things darker? I might get a flak jacket for driving and I need a good lens for sunny days.

Yes, but their main purpose is to combat glare off reflective surfaces, like water and the road. I personally think that if regular Ice is working out just fine, and you have it, you don't need the polarized variant. No point in putting up with the random rainbows and such if you don't have to, unless you're into that nahmean.

Yes, but their main purpose is to combat glare off reflective surfaces, like water and the road. I personally think that if regular Ice is working out just fine, and you have it, you don't need the polarized variant. No point in putting up with the random rainbows and such if you don't have to, unless you're into that nahmean.
I only have fire iridium ( not polarized) for my driving glasses and they don't do anything for glare.

Could you compare prizm daily polarized vs black iridium polarized in all weather conditions? All uses(driving, walking,etc)
I don't have black iridium polarized, but i do have gold iridium polarized and i absolutely love them. I'm currently looking at the Covert Prizm Daily Polarized and they are 14% light transmission vs. the black and gold which are each 9%. I'd think the Prizm Daily would be well worth it.

Of the two options given, the BIP is definitely the better choice for extreme sunny days. It is always extreme sunny here in TX. The Daily Prizm is cool, but does not seem to block as much sun as the BIP. I use it mostly on overcast and cloudy days, as it seems to kind of brighten things up a bit. The choice not mentioned here, that I really enjoy for extreme sunny is VR28 BIP. If you get a chance to check those out, I think you would be pleasantly surprised.

If you are looking to only battle the brightest of days then BIP is probably the best choice, but the prism lenses work well in all conditions.

Back