1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. max4321

max4321 Oakley Enthusiast

Hello, I was wondering if any who owned both Prizm Road,and OO Red Iridium lenses would mind posting a picture through the lens so that I/we can see the real differences between the two lenses. I'd be interested to see if the new prizm lens is worth the extra $$$.
    Thank you
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakster

Oakster Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

I think it comes a lot down to whether or not you want polarized.
  3. 01silver4

01silver4 Oakley Beginner

I don't have a picture comparison, but I tried the Prizim road and my oo red iridium polarized, and to me the oo red was much clearer to me. So I didn get it, because I wasn't impressed at all. Now the polarized in the prizim might be a different story. But the didnt have one for me to try.
  4. MarsRover

MarsRover Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I don't think Prizm road is available polarized at the moment. The only Prizm lens that has polarization is Prizm Daily Polarized. They even put it in the name!
  5. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Look at @kronin323 's posts on this page for exactly that comparison:

Oakley's new Prizm Lens Line | Page 5 | Oakley Forum
    kronin323 and raxx like this.
  6. jdd32

jdd32 X Metal Workshop

I've compared prizm road side by side in with an OO Red Pol and the difference is definitely very clear. The OO Reds have a relatively hazy effect compared to the Prizm Road despite both having similar tints. The only drawback is no polarized on prizm road which sucks if you're driving. Especially in the rain on roads where you have to pay attention to lane markings....