• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm sapphire Holbrook metal?

Oakleyfan09

Oakley Beginner
Wanting to purchase either the prizm sapphire or prizm black Holbrook metals. I've used prizm black and know they are good in direct sunlight. For those of you who have a frame with prizm sapphire, how is it in full sun? If you have both, how do they compare?

I have both and enjoy them under different situations or feel.
In you live in a sunny state, black prizm is more flexible. Black prizm in my opinion darkens while maintaining some true colors with a slight rosy hue.
Saphire prizm is quite rosy, brightens your view and works well with overcast days although it is good in sunny days too.

I just bought he steel holbrooks with daily prizm. I live in Texas and they handle the bright light very well. They are a perfect driving lense. They don't just shade colors like gray and black lenses. Does almost seem to have a pink or purple tint, but sharpens all colors. Not sure if that helps or not.

Wanting to purchase either the prizm sapphire or prizm black Holbrook metals. I've used prizm black and know they are good in direct sunlight. For those of you who have a frame with prizm sapphire, how is it in full sun? If you have both, how do they compare?

I personally have prizm sapphire myself, for me, it does very good on bright sunny days with feeling any eye strain from it not being dark enough, it does have a rosy tint but my eyes adjust to it very well and I prefer it much more than the non-prizm sapphire lens. Compared to Prizm black, you can tell its not as dark, but like i said for me, I had no issues with bright sunny days with the lens where I'd want a darker lens.

Latest Posts

Back