1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. wysatta1

wysatta1 Oakley Enthusiast

So i have been busy this past year with lots of family issues and whatnot and haven't been near as much into Oakley as I should have been. I see they finally released prizm to the public which interests me greatly.
    However as much as I search online I can't seem to find direct comparisons of prizm to their counterparts ie
    road to 00 red
    Trail to vr28 blue
    golf to g30
    daily to 00 black

If anyone has any comparisons of the lenses looking through and at the front, I would greatly apreciate it!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

3. wysatta1

wysatta1 Oakley Enthusiast

Thanks that helps me with the road comparison. What about the others?
    Looking to maybe pick all of them up

4. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I had some posts later in that thread showing trail, but not in comparison to anything. I can say, though, that there's a bigger difference between trail and VR28 Blue - the VR28 base is more brownish, colors look more (over?) saturated, and light trans % is less: 36% for trail vs. 26% for VR28 Blue.

Golf vs. G30, that one's probably closer; both have the same trans %. I would expect the contrast to be a little bit better with Prizm but it may not be enough to be worth upgrading, that'd be subjective.

I would expect daily vs. OO black to be similar to the road vs. OO red comparison, only with a lower light trans %.

5. max4321

max4321 Oakley Enthusiast

The only problem with the prizm daily polarized is that people can see your eyes, a feature that I know a lot of people dislike

spin_nin likes this.
  6. Bosoxyacht

Bosoxyacht Oakley Expert

I've never understood why people have this issue, but it's not uncommon.

The Daily Prizm lens is fantastic, and an easy upsell from standard polarized lenses.

7. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Me neither. I have lenses with high light transmission %s, of course people can see my eyes through them - and it's not an issue.

8. raven

raven Oakley Beginner

thats easy
    wearing "mirrors" ppl can literally stare at everything with no consequences, mainly female body parts :p

9. Bosoxyacht

Bosoxyacht Oakley Expert

there are times when getting "caught looking" can be a benefit.

Don't stare(that is rude), but I don't mind when people take notice of my GF, or the rare occasion when I'm getting checked out.

People that need to hide their eyes so that they don't get caught staring are creepy.

QLR1 likes this.