• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm: which is more versatile?

rino

Oakley Enthusiast
Italy
Hi all,

I'm going to buy a new pair for general sport use, the most mtb and road.

I thought that this could be the time to try a Prizm lens :D

From your experience, which one is the more versatile?

TY

i would maybe try prism trail for mtb and prism road for, um, road???

i would maybe try prism trail for mtb and prism road for, um, road???

I would be very happy if I could buy 2 different pairs, but for the moment I must choose only one

Otherwise I would have never opened this 3d ;)

I would be very happy if I could buy 2 different pairs, but for the moment I must choose only one

Otherwise I would have never opened this 3d ;)
I would go with Prizm Road if I had to pick one. While Prizm Trail is awesome when you're going in and out of shade since it provides a lot of sharp, bright contrast, Prizm Road will hold up better on your basic sunny day and has enough versatility I think to handle medium light as well.

I only have experience with Road. But I am thrilled with them. I only ride road but I use them from pre-dawn through mid day. I love the way things look through them. All colors seem to pop just a little bit with much less obvious tint.

To Guru379's point, when testing the OO Red side by side with Road, I did not feel like there was a huge difference. I did like road better though. To be fair it was only a few minutes with each lens and there was no glare in the outdoor mall. Finally, someone elses huge might be miniscule to me.

To be fair it was only a few minutes with each lens and there was no glare in the outdoor mall. Finally, someone elses huge might be miniscule to me.

I did a fairly thorough comparison between OO Red and Road on this thread, starting with the pics in the direct link and with some additional comments over the next couple of pages:

Oakley's new Prizm Lens Line | Page 5 | Oakley Forum

But basically my conclusions were similar, there's very little improvement with Road over OO Red when you're wearing them. Road is better, if I had neither and was going to get one I'd get Road, but is it enough better to replace the OO Reds you already have with Road? Maybe not; depends on personal preferences.

I did a fairly thorough comparison between OO Red and Road on this thread, starting with the pics in the direct link and with some additional comments over the next couple of pages:

Oakley's new Prizm Lens Line | Page 5 | Oakley Forum

But basically my conclusions were similar, there's very little improvement with Road over OO Red when you're wearing them. Road is better, if I had neither and was going to get one I'd get Road, but is it enough better to replace the OO Reds you already have with Road? Maybe not; depends on personal preferences.
Well said.

I'm not a huge fan of Polarized lenses for cycling, but I grew to love OO+ because of the tint color. Road Prizm is very similar, but not polarized. I wish it was a bit darker, but I live in an area with extremely bright sunshine.

Back