• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm: which is more versatile?

Thank you all for your help ;)

Now reading your post i finally found 2 alternatives:

1) Flak 2.0 with Prizm Road
2) Fast Jacket XL with + Red and VR28

The difference in price is 20€

I've got the Flak 2 and the Fast Jackets. The lenses are just about the same size. I find the Flak2.0 a little more comfortable. When cycling, the Flaks give me better wind coverage (small but perceptible), and I see less of the frame on the Flak2.0 when in the drops. Changing lenses with the FJ is very nice. My understanding is that there are not plans to make Prizm lenses for the FJ. That might be something to take into consideration. Lastly, currently the Flak2. with Road only come in one color. When I came home with mine, my wife said something like, "oh!!!......Those sure are colorful." Not something I'd have on my face if going someplace nice.

I've got the Flak 2 and the Fast Jackets. The lenses are just about the same size. I find the Flak2.0 a little more comfortable. When cycling, the Flaks give me better wind coverage (small but perceptible), and I see less of the frame on the Flak2.0 when in the drops. Changing lenses with the FJ is very nice. My understanding is that there are not plans to make Prizm lenses for the FJ. That might be something to take into consideration. Lastly, currently the Flak2. with Road only come in one color. When I came home with mine, my wife said something like, "oh!!!......Those sure are colorful." Not something I'd have on my face if going someplace nice.
Prizm lenses are already available for the Flak Jacket, but not the Fast Jacket.

I'm not sure what you meant by FJ, but just wanted to clear up any possible confusion.

If you have the receipt and purchased them in the last 2 years, you should get 50% off, and there's no need to break them.

I'm not sure what you meant by FJ, but just wanted to clear up any possible confusion.
Sorry. When I wrote FJ, I meant the Fast Jacket. I also bought Fast Jackets this winter only to find out, my prescription is not available for them and they are on the discountinued list. When the Prizm lenses came out I called Oakley and they said not to expect Prizm lenses for the Fast Jacket.

Well said.

I'm not a huge fan of Polarized lenses for cycling, but I grew to love OO+ because of the tint color. Road Prizm is very similar, but not polarized. I wish it was a bit darker, but I live in an area with extremely bright sunshine.
what about priszm road blk???? In pics looks close but on paper its half the lt?

Back