1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ndunn

ndunn Oakley Beginner

I bought a pair of Pro M Frames off a customer of mine (super cheap). Is there a difference in old model mframe lens and newer model lens?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Yes and no. What shape are you looking at, and what vintage is the lens?

Pro M Frames should accept any retail lens you can buy right now. I say "should" and not "will" because I've had normal lenses not quite fit certain frames, small inconsistencies that just wouldn't work together.

3. ndunn

ndunn Oakley Beginner

I have the heater lens in now, but i tried the strike lens off a brand new pair and it seemed to wide for the frame.

4. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I have several new Strike lenses and I use a few in my Pro frame, but I don't think I've tried them all. I have a couple that wouldn't fit in a 2.0 frame that slipped into my Gen3 without issue.

Subtle variations and inconsistencies. Sometimes they need just the right angle when setting the hooks to go in. I have a Heater that will NOT go into one of my frames, except I was fooling around trying to see what else might not fit and I swear they went in like they were made to (imagine that). Every other time I tried they'd seem to set in the hooks fine, but the nose area of the lens was a good way from being able to fit in the frame.