• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pro Mframe Yellow- Rare Color, Need Info? Calling Rustpot And GRF!

maqu3age.jpg

So i snagged these in a trade. its a Pro Mframe in Yellow, and AFAIK its a "rarer" color. Ive checked it out, the lenses even have the original manufacture date stamp in the rim of the nosepiece slot... so seems legit. Spoke to Dann (o-review) and he said it only ever appeared in the initial release of the Pro Mframes (1997 catalogue) and by the second release, they were gone. Pics online are VERY few (found a few thumbnails off a phillipines site) and the reference pic in the o-review itself was missing till i uploaded mine.

i hear from Dann as well that there was a similarly rare straight jacket in the same colorway (and that GRF could enlighten on that piece)

firstly i am requesting more pictures of this particular pro mframe... as you can see my example has stripped icons and i wish to repaint it to stock colorway. I believe its black but cant be sure from the pictures ive seen.
duze9y6y.jpg

and yes, that IS the full size pic. the actual image is gone.

secondly what would a ballpark value be on this frame?

thirdly, any extra information on this, or the abovementioned straight jacket, would be much appreciated.

thanks!

I'm fairly certain I've seen yellow frames before. I didn't know they had any sort of rarity.

I'm sorry I can't help with a value.

Edit:
Maybe it's team yellow folding M Frames I've seen. Which is a current custom option.

The Pro M Frame - Yellow - Black, was available with Heater, Sweep, Strike, and Hybrid lenses, retailing at £119 in the UK until they were discontinued in August 2001. The Straight Jacket - Yellow - Black 04-043 I have in my own collection, which is in the non corrugated box dated 1996 and bears the graphic/image/colour bar-code label, the glass has black icons and earsocks. This pair was deleted by 1999.

Thanks for the info guys. Yup, the folding mframe i have seen before, but a pro one... i dunno. I know it isnt any kind of specifically limited, its just not as commonly seen as other colorways.

Anyone got a good picture for me? Mostly i just want to make sure the icons were black so i can go ahead and paint them back on :)

RVF, so i take it you only have the SJ? How hard are they to find? Both the m frame and the SJ..

I have had 2 of the yellow SJs, still have the nicer of the two in my collection and sold off the other one. I didnt think the yellow SJ was impossible to find but doesnt show up as often as some of the other colors. As for the yellow Pro M I have seen a pic here and there of them being worn but have never held one in my hands. I am not 100% sure that both frames styles are the exact same color. Sorry, I cant offer much more than that.

I have a Yellow Pro M Frame. I didn't know or think that they were that rare. I guess maybe I was wrong.

I have had 2 of the yellow SJs, still have the nicer of the two in my collection and sold off the other one. I didnt think the yellow SJ was impossible to find but doesnt show up as often as some of the other colors. As for the yellow Pro M I have seen a pic here and there of them being worn but have never held one in my hands. I am not 100% sure that both frames styles are the exact same color. Sorry, I cant offer much more than that.

Thanks for all the info guys. Again, the yellows were not something declared rare, just that it was only produced in the first generation and is pretty hard to come by these days.

GRF, what kind of yellow was the SJ? The Mframe is very close to livestrong yellow..

Latest Posts

Back