• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pro Mframe Yellow- Rare Color, Need Info? Calling Rustpot And GRF!

Thanks for the info guys. Yup, the folding mframe i have seen before, but a pro one... i dunno. I know it isnt any kind of specifically limited, its just not as commonly seen as other colorways.

Anyone got a good picture for me? Mostly i just want to make sure the icons were black so i can go ahead and paint them back on :)

RVF, so i take it you only have the SJ? How hard are they to find? Both the m frame and the SJ..

Yes I have the Yellow Straight Jacket BriP, new condition with original box, they seem to have surfaced less than some other versions of this model but really we are looking at glasses almost 20 years old, in those days there were few specific limited or exclusive pairs but the advent of time has meant just about any normal release from that period is extremely hard to find in good shape, sure you will find the odd pair of Topcoat, Trenchcoat, Moon, Straight Jacket, Five, and Ten on ebay but they will mostly have no box and have some aspect of sub par condition which is a combination of usage, time, missing or damaged parts and packaging that has made them rare. The real rarity is finding excellent condition and complete examples. The Yellow M Frame I do not have, but I have seen a few of those in the flesh years ago though somehow doubt they would have a high value now as one of many 'ordinary' pairs within the M Frame universe. I have only seen my own pair of Yellow Straight which I would say is much rarer and likely a more valuable piece.

Thanks for all the info guys. Again, the yellows were not something declared rare, just that it was only produced in the first generation and is pretty hard to come by these days.

GRF, what kind of yellow was the SJ? The Mframe is very close to livestrong yellow..

The Straight Jacket is a polished dark yellow, a bit darker than Livestrong.

Copy that. While there are variations depending on what camera was used and exposure, monitor settings the SJs appear to be a slightly darker yellow than the M frames. The fakes however are a bright yellow.

I see. Yup the mframes seem to be roughly Livestrong yellow. I will grab a pic next to some livestrong earsocks tomorrow.

Will do when I get home today. I guess its about itme I figured out how to post pictures on here anyways.

Thanks man. Flickr/photobucket is the way... Or i use the mobile app tapatalk with direct upload..

Pro+M2.jpg

Pro+M+1.jpg

Back