1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Mr X Metal

Mr X Metal Oakley Enthusiast

Probably One Of My Better Purchases - image.jpg Probably One Of My Better Purchases - image.jpg Picked these little beauties up for $100. Needs a tune up but otherwise pretty solid

Wavecloud, marc2040 and mjt42 like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

Nice looking pair for a great price! I wouldn't complain about a tuneup for a good looking pair.

3. Mr X Metal

I have a few xmetals. But this is my first serialized pair. Well, I think they're serialized anyway.

They are marked inside J146###. Can anyone tell me what generation that may be?

4. hereispunishment

hereispunishment Oakley Collector

You currently own a first generation first run of X-metal frame with( what it originally had) black iridium lenses my friend. Your ruby lenses make it look better though IMO.

Mr X Metal likes this.
  5. Mr X Metal

Sweet! At $100, I was gonna be happy with just about whatever as long as they were in decent shape. They'll need a tune up before long. But, overall, it appears as though I made a solid deal.

6. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Ruby or Fire? I know x-metal / Ruby is a common colorway but we already know those aren't the original lenses and they look like a pair of x-metal / Fires I have...

Are the contrast or neutral base tint, i.e. when you look through them, does the tint seem greenish gold or bluish gray?

BTW, many a person has been inadvertently caught in various states of undress while taking a pic of their iridium lenses and not realizing what they're reflecting... I think I see some nip lol...

Nice score!

Last edited: 7/1/14
  7. Mr X Metal

They are definitely fire lenses.

And, if it had been me taking the pics, there would've definitely been a "wardrobe malfunction". However, these are the pics that the guy I bought them from sent me before we met up. Haha. I didn't even notice the bod shot in the lens. Funny.

8. hereispunishment

hereispunishment Oakley Collector

9. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Nice grab!

10. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

For 100 ill buy 3 of them if there is one.