• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Probably One Of My Better Purchases

Mr X Metal

Oakley Expert
image.jpg
image.jpg
Picked these little beauties up for $100. Needs a tune up but otherwise pretty solid

Nice looking pair for a great price! I wouldn't complain about a tuneup for a good looking pair.

I have a few xmetals. But this is my first serialized pair. Well, I think they're serialized anyway.

They are marked inside J146###. Can anyone tell me what generation that may be?

I have a few xmetals. But this is my first serialized pair. Well, I think they're serialized anyway.

They are marked inside J146###. Can anyone tell me what generation that may be?
You currently own a first generation first run of X-metal frame with( what it originally had) black iridium lenses my friend. Your ruby lenses make it look better though IMO.

Sweet! At $100, I was gonna be happy with just about whatever as long as they were in decent shape. They'll need a tune up before long. But, overall, it appears as though I made a solid deal.

Ruby or Fire? I know x-metal / Ruby is a common colorway but we already know those aren't the original lenses and they look like a pair of x-metal / Fires I have...

Are the contrast or neutral base tint, i.e. when you look through them, does the tint seem greenish gold or bluish gray?

BTW, many a person has been inadvertently caught in various states of undress while taking a pic of their iridium lenses and not realizing what they're reflecting... I think I see some nip lol...

Nice score!

Last edited:
They are definitely fire lenses.

And, if it had been me taking the pics, there would've definitely been a "wardrobe malfunction". However, these are the pics that the guy I bought them from sent me before we met up. Haha. I didn't even notice the bod shot in the lens. Funny.