1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Bob Jones 1000

Bob Jones 1000 Oakley Beginner

Can anyone help me identify this Magnesium frame and lens model from the attached photographs? I can't find the same shape on the Oakley site and I want to buy replacement lenses, ideally in the UK. (Ignore the stick-on reading lenses!) Thanks, Bob Problem identifying frame and suitable replacements lenses - IMG_1656.jpg Problem identifying frame and suitable replacements lenses - IMG_1657.jpg Problem identifying frame and suitable replacements lenses - IMG_1658.jpg Problem identifying frame and suitable replacements lenses - IMG_1659.jpg Problem identifying frame and suitable replacements lenses - IMG_1656.jpg Problem identifying frame and suitable replacements lenses - IMG_1657.jpg

Wavecloud likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Fernando

Fernando Oakley Expert Premium Member

Hello And welcome i think Is a m-frame

3. Bob Jones 1000

thanks Fernando - it is an early M frame I think and I'm just a little concerned about buying expensive new lenses that don't fit because of the rather unusual shape on the side of the lens - others may fit but there isn't one this shape on the Oakley site

Last edited: 7/23/16
    Fernando likes this.
  4. Fernando

Fernando Oakley Expert Premium Member

You're welcome :) I don't know too much of M-frames for sure others members can help you more that my, Maybe you can get a lenses here, read the rules of exchange area and enjoy of your comunity now :drinks:

5. Tomcat14

Tomcat14 Oakley Enthusiast

Hi and :welcome:
    That is a Magnesium M Frame

6. Bob Jones 1000

Thanks...I remember buying it new but it was a long time ago! At least I now know what lenses to look for

7. Wavecloud

Wavecloud Oakley Expert Premium Member

Nice!!

8. Wavecloud

Wavecloud Oakley Expert Premium Member

@Rustpot is the man who'll know exactly what to search for!! :)

OakleyFrankFMJ, Tomcat14 and Fernando like this.
  9. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

I concur

10. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

They're bifocal prescription Magnesium M Frames with only the lower insert. Or a special-made magnifier lens. The lens shape is a Heater and the color appears to be HI persimmon.

Lenses are expensive and somewhat hard to come by. If they have no real history or a reason to keep them you'll probably be better served selling them. If you're a collector or you want that specific pair refurbished you'll have a hard time matching the lens, and an even harder time getting the prescription portion.

flyer and OakleyFrankFMJ like this.