1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. A.D.D.i.c.t.

A.D.D.i.c.t. Oakley Enthusiast

Just put a set of Fire polarized lenses in my Frogs today. Noticed I see the reflection of my eyes in them as the sun was setting. Very distracting. Is this common? Or an issue with my lens specifically?

Also, when looking more directly at the sun, I see a distinct dot in the center of each lens.

Any help and info is much appreciated.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

I would definitely avoid looking directly into the sun at any time...Oakleys or not... Owchie

I've read in other threads that certain Fire lenses have ghosting issues...

A.D.D.i.c.t. likes this.
  3. A.D.D.i.c.t.

I noticed it driving home as the sun was setting, you know, when the sun blasts you in the face and you reach for your sun visor.

Love the fire lens, but would hate to pick up more and end up with the same problem.

4. G-901

G-901 Oakley Expert

I've noticed it on my two face as well as my tinfoil w/ Ice..I thought it may have to do with me being use to the 8 base curve,maybe?

A.D.D.i.c.t. likes this.
  5. A.D.D.i.c.t.

Thanks for the info everyone. I may have to return them, I want Perfection dang it! Appreciate it.

6. coolstorm92

coolstorm92 Oakley Enthusiast

yes I have this same issue with fire iridium. it sucks cuz they look so cool.

A.D.D.i.c.t. likes this.
  7. Dieseltech

Dieseltech Oakley Expert Premium Member

I have heard of other people having issues with fire. I have never had any problems with them personally. I love fire lenses! They are some of my favorites. Hope they work out for you.

A.D.D.i.c.t. likes this.
  8. Dantes

Dantes Oakley Expert

Fire lenses are almost unusable. Every light source produces ghosting, dots and lines all over the place. I've had this problem with several models with original fire lenses, polar and non-polar, XS, Juliets, Half jackets, and even OTT.
    It's strange Oakley hasn't done anything about it, a $5 gas station pair with fire lookalike lenses doesn't have this problem...

A.D.D.i.c.t. likes this.
  9. A.D.D.i.c.t.

I've decided to keep mine. They look so badass. I've found if I'm not specifically looking for the problem, it's not as noticeable. Still love FIRE!

Dieseltech likes this.
  10. ericforman

ericforman Oakley Expert

I can see the reflection of my eyes on many different colors of lenses on frogs when the sun sneaks around the sides, probably just how my face is haha

A.D.D.i.c.t. likes this.