1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Twch77

Twch77 Oakley Beginner

Hi I just recently bought some Holbrook jade iridium polarized sunglasses and i've only been wearing them for a couple of days and my eyes get really sore while wearing them. I was wondering if there is a period where my eyes have to adjust to the polarized lenses and that is why they are sore? Has anyone else had this problem before? Thanks.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. G-901

G-901 Oakley Expert

Some people just can't wear polarized without getting a headache or hurting their eyes..idk if you'll ever "get use to it"..probably better to go with standard lenses

3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Did you buy these DIRECT from Oakley or from somewhere else?

4. Twch77

Twch77 Oakley Beginner

I bought them right from the Oakley outlet store.

5. OakleyFrankFMJ

Bring them back and ask to swap for another pair.

If you have the same problem it could be you don't like polarized lenses. Is it your first pair of polarized ever?

6. Twch77

Twch77 Oakley Beginner

Yes this is my first polarized lenses i've owned. I've just had standard lense Batwolfs before this.

7. Twch77

Twch77 Oakley Beginner

I just called the Oakley store and I guess it's quite a common thing to happen they told me that some people's brains have a hard time with the polarized filter on the lense. I think I will return these for a non-polarized pair. Thanks for the help guys.

8. OakleyFrankFMJ

I'm wondering if your eye doctor can determine if this is a problem for you also.

;)

9. JoshAD330

JoshAD330 Oakley Enthusiast

Interesting. Thank God I am not one of those people. Most of my frames have polarized lenses and I never had a problem. The opposite is the case as polarized lenses are best for my very sensitive eyes. I guess like everything else in life what is good for some people may not be good for others. :)

10. Twch77

Twch77 Oakley Beginner

Yes I will have to ask next time I go for a check up.