• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Problem with Overlord frame, need help.

Astinscience

Oakley Beginner
I own a pair of Overlord frames that I put Rx sunglasses lenses in. A few months back, the hinge screw on one temple came loose and the arm fell off. I went to put it back on, only to find that there is a tiny washer that goes inside the hinge.

This washer is beveled. It is completely specific to this frame. I've contacted Oakley, but they have none around. I tried going to a Lenscrafters, which deals with Oakley Rx frames, but they had nothing that would fit. They tried contacting Oakley as well, with no luck.

I like the frames, but they no longer fit well as the arm is loose. Any suggestions would be most helpful, as I apparently left to my own devices on this.

Thanks in advance!

Maybe this is too obvious but have you tried taking it to a home depot or Lowes and trying to match it to what they have?

Maybe this is too obvious but have you tried taking it to a home depot or Lowes and trying to match it to what they have?
Small fasteners like those on glasses are not something normally stocked at hardware stores. Low volume, and not much use to the home improver. Optician is a good spot, but apparently already exhausted.

As said, if you get a measurement you can likely get a bag of 100 washers for $10 online. The downside being you need to be quite accurate. Calipers/Micrometers would come in handy.

Small fasteners like those on glasses are not something normally stocked at hardware stores. Low volume, and not much use to the home improver. Optician is a good spot, but apparently already exhausted.

As said, if you get a measurement you can likely get a bag of 100 washers for $10 online. The downside being you need to be quite accurate. Calipers/Micrometers would come in handy.
When I was in the business of repairing Xbox consoles I was shocked at how much more beyond the average nut and bolt some stores carried. If they don't have it (probably a long shot at best that they do) they might be able to get measurements on it or suggest another place to try.

Hell we've even got a ridiculously huge selection of parts at my job, with measurements I could check there.

I will pull the remaining washer out for measurements, I do have small calipers. OD/ID/thickness?
Yessir. And a pic of it for reference wouldn't hurt. I don't go back to work until Monday night and I may not even be able to check that night but I'll look when I get a chance.

The issue is a bit odder than I thought. There are actually 4 washers. Pic below. Washer is 3.2mm OD, 1.6mm ID (used the screw). Thickness is 0.75-0.8, including the little collar. Wondering if I can get away with just two on each side.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back