• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Proffesional Opinion

Also, what color are the lenses when looking from the inside? Ive never seen a ruby polarized lens w etching.

Look:

both pics are pointing the same spot a white wall and you can see my shadow on the wall

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not seen all the fakes ever made but chances are it is real if it uses torx screws in he orbitals and bolts on the back if the glasses. Most fake pit bosses use regular screws. Take some pictures of the bolts and screws and perhaps we can conclude one way or the other.

You're right and they're torx!

One thing i am curious about is if the polarized etching seems a little short and does not curve properly. Maybe it is just the angle?

One thing i am curious about is if the polarized etching seems a little short and does not curve properly. Maybe it is just the angle?

well since a ruby lens hasnt been made for the Pit Boss, it would have to be custom, so if this 'Ruby Iridium Polarized" actually does exist, it would have been cut from anotehr lens and may explain the etching not lining up.. but im dubious about the authenticity of a polarized ruby lens..

The colour of the lens is damnn wrong. The sides of the titanium sides on the pit boss don't seem to stick out like normal. So I would call this fake to the max.

Yes after seeing the lens pic, im more convinced they r not legit. Ruby lenses should be blue when looking thru them and i dont believe there was ever a ruby iridium polarized lens. That has a green tint from the inside...id steer clear but it is up to u.

Thank you fellas, sincerely, thank you guys, I knew you wouldn't let me down... I just called my friend and I told him about the doubts I have... he offer to go with me to Oakley HQ to finally settle this... he says they're legit, I say not, I'll let you guys know, in the meantime: I really appreciate all of your comments, I really do.

Back