• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Proffesional Opinion

well since a ruby lens hasnt been made for the Pit Boss, it would have to be custom, so if this 'Ruby Iridium Polarized" actually does exist, it would have been cut from anotehr lens and may explain the etching not lining up.. but im dubious about the authenticity of a polarized ruby lens..

If a ruby polarized pit boss exists it would come out of Oakley itself rather being cut from another lens by a customiser. If this is the case then there is no reason why the engraving would be different than what is on the other pit bosses since the engraving machine would be using the same settings.

If a ruby polarized pit boss exists it would come out of Oakley itself rather being cut from another lens by a customiser. If this is the case then there is no reason why the engraving would be different than what is on the other pit bosses since the engraving machine would be using the same settings.

what im saying is there hasn't been an official ruby polarised lens for the pit boss.. plus, when has there ever been a polarised ruby anyway?

That could be Fire Iridium Polarized. My Juliets with those lenses have a greenish tint to them.

They could be Jawbone lenses. Oakleynerd has already confirmed that Jawbone lenses fit the Pit Boss. Not perfectly, but they do fit without modification:

http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-sunglasses-discussion/3044-should-i-get-pit-boss-5.html

And they do make Fire Iridium Polarized for the Jawbone.

From the pictures you've posted, the frames look legit. It's just really hard to tell whether they're real or not when we're holding them and looking at them in person.

That could be Fire Iridium Polarized. My Juliets with those lenses have a greenish tint to them.

They could be Jawbone lenses. Oakleynerd has already confirmed that Jawbone lenses fit the Pit Boss. Not perfectly, but they do fit without modification:

http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-sunglasses-discussion/3044-should-i-get-pit-boss-5.html

From the pictures you've posted, the frames look legit. It's just really hard to tell whether they're real or not when we're holding them and looking at them in person.
I thought it was the Split Jacket lenses that fit...

you are right.. the tint and mirror matches my fire iridium polarised lens.. that makes more sense! :)

what im saying is there hasn't been an official ruby polarised lens for the pit boss.. plus, when has there ever been a polarised ruby anyway?

There was a ruby polarized lens developed for the Juliet a few years ago and was suppose to released. It did not meet QC standards so it was never sold in stores.

The frames look legit but the lenses to me don't look like ruby they look like fire. I just looked at both my ruby and fire lenses and the fire matches to color inside the picture a lot more than ruby. As for the icon that looks a little fishy to me.

Back