1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Ducman

Ducman Oakley Enthusiast

Started disassembling and cleaned her up, waiting for my package from LG(rubber kits) still undecided what lens I should send to be cut. Serial 2964 the other one I'm keeping it stock. If you have any suggestions feel free to share Project R1 - image.jpg

Last edited: 6/4/14
    Krank likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Krank

Krank Oakley Enthusiast

If you got the black rubber kit, sky is the limit...right now mine are black and violet (big taco donor) but, I think later this summer I may switch them up and go ice, if a donor lens is avail.

3. Ducman

Ducman Oakley Enthusiast

I ordered 2. Black and Red. People suggesting the Big taco for donor lens, but checking the O store no Ruby color available for that selection.

4. freakface

freakface Oakley Collector

is that 2964 or 002964?

5. Ducman

Ducman Oakley Enthusiast

2964 and my other one is 7477 no 00 prefix. Hopefully find my third pair for my scheduled garage cleaning this weekend. LOL

6. freakface

freakface Oakley Collector

you do know that you have two jordan r1s right? and you will be the only one i know who will customize a jordan r1, while most everyone else is still looking for a regular r1...lol.

simply awesome....

mercat likes this.
  7. Ducman

Ducman Oakley Enthusiast

Yes, members here are very helpful and pointed that to me. I bought this one to wear and was my daily beater until all the rubber disintegrated and was put away my other two were kept and are still in brand new condition imo. hoping to find the other one soon. I'm also on the fence in restoring it to original condition, I just want to see what it looks like.

Here's the link to y first post.

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/long-lost-x-metals.32671/

Last edited: 6/4/14
    freakface likes this.
  8. Krank

Krank Oakley Enthusiast

Also, if you didn't see my post a week ago. The Sacramento O store still has OEM replacement rubber (including orbital rubbers) for the R1, free of charge. Just wear them into the store.

Ducman likes this.
  9. dragonvoi

dragonvoi Dragonvoi knows xMetal. Premium Member

If this is a wearer, i would recommend you consider what lenses you like looking through! I got some violets for my XS plasma, and do not care for looking through them. If it's just for appearance and you dont mind different tints, i agree sky is the limit! My faves are ruby and ice when it comes to x metal.

Ducman and Krank like this.
  10. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

You may not be finding Ruby BT at the O store, but they are available. InfiniteHero is able to source Ruby and Ruby Polar BTs and custom cut them for R1. PM him...