• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Proof That This Seller Is An Absolute Moron

The seller I ranted about not using the correct shipping information has one custom monster pup left (after I purchased 2) item number 300657871469. This is a buy it now. The seller has also listed the same item for an online auction, item number 300672768341. I wonder what would happen to the bidders if someone purchased the item from the buy it now auction? This is a desperately bad selling ploy.

After seeing several threads I think you worry to much about the "sellers" on feebay instead of the quality and authenticity of the items being sold.

I'm just sayin....

but this is a very common practice in the bay, not saying is very ethic, but is something I guess we're used to see: if someone buys now the item, the seller kills the bidding...

but this is a very common practice in the bay, not saying is very ethic, but is something I guess we're used to see: if someone buys now the item, the seller kills the bidding...

I don't know that its unethical per se....you can accomplish the same thing within an auction either with a reserve or by changing a setting on listing that allows the buy it now to stay active even with bids. Aside from that you can have items listed that sell somewhere else (here for example....Craigslist) which results in you cancelling bids and ending the listing...this is essentially the same thing because it gives someone a buy it now opportunity vs. bidders. None of this is outside ebay rules

You don't care for ethics?

I do care for ethics but the ones I am worried about are selling fakes or ones that dont fit the condition stated, that's unethical. If it listed twice that means they paid twice to list it. Get worried when you pay for it and it doesnt show up.

Back