• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Protectant For Aluminum Spine?

Did you find anything to coat the aluminium? You can get protective sealant wax, they use it on car alloy wheels that should look invisible but give you a layer of protection. As I imagine once it is polished the aluminium will start to oxidise over time and become more dull.

Hey, if you haven't already put a finish coat or varnish on it you should do what i did!!

I sand blasted my tower, took it to my buddies ceramic coating shop and ordered some clear coat ceramic, I used Cerakote, there are obviously other brands but its used to protect fire arms and is literally bullet proof!

Thats the end all to your protection needs, does not change the finish of the aluminum and the coat is so thin no one will know its there...

O yea, its not cheap!

Cool, hope that works out great, let us know how it works out long term.... Or how often you have to re-apply.

man if you are concerned about the aluminum getting corroded, it will not once the outer layer is exposed to air as it will self-protect itself. nevertheless, looks like you did a great job right there! I want one like that as well.. hahaha...

Back