1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. OakleyBoss

OakleyBoss Moderator Staff Member Administrator

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. jonoyong

jonoyong Inside Outlaw. Staff Member Premium Member

These belong to a member over here though, but I never seen a similar pair before.

3. OGfrog

OGfrog Oakley Enthusiast

They show up on ebay now and again. This pair has been on for a long time.

4. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

Those are sweet...but not for $500

5. FrogTastic

FrogTastic Friend of the Frog

Been on there for ages. Again this looks like a microbag bleed

6. Frogskins

Frogskins Oakley Expert

I've heard the term "microbag bleed" before but I'm not quite sure what it means ...

Are you saying that if you put for instance, a pair of newly made clear frogs in a blue microbag, that the the color can bleed, or transfer over, from the bag to the frames? :confused:

7. FrogTastic

Used to happen on the FMJ frames when put in a black microbag. Huge amounts of stock was returned to Oakley as faulty.

8. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Romeo Van Frogskinstein Oakley Enthusiast

The first consideration about the Frost pair is, are they authentic? I have not seen any information that explains this release or seen any evidence to confirm it is a genuine factory pair. The lower part of the L looks too long and I have some concerns about the O, otherwise they appear to look real. With regards to 'microbag bleed', that would not be the case here where the colour is consistent across the entire frame, true symptoms of this will be irregular small patches or streaks that have bled from the bag onto the frame, and in all cases I have known it is with white frames kept in a black bag, I did go through my entire collection of white frames to ensure they did not have black bags, and in such cases they were replaced with white bags, this will generally apply to older styles since in recent times Oakley have paired white frames with white bags.

9. FrogTastic

Ash - I sorted alot of those white frames for u

10. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Romeo Van Frogskinstein Oakley Enthusiast

Indeed you did Jac, and you were a great help to me in other regards whilst you worked at Oakley, I remember you providing me with a plethora of useful information and there is no question I learned a considerable amount from you. Should you wish to pay Gail and I another visit just let me know, it would be nice to get together again.