1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Millerntor

Millerntor Oakley Beginner

I´m proudly presenting the new star of my small 9-pieces-collection. The Gascan TinTin with G30 Titanium irid lenses:

The frame ist just beautiful and i was lucky enough to get the last pair of those amazing lenses in germany. I´m damned happy with them :)

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

congrats man . . . nice pick up and sweet lenses :eek:)

3. Millerntor

Millerntor Oakley Beginner

Thanks dude, and the 3D lenses are still alive ;-)

4. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

great . . . some members had problems . . . maybe it's just if you try to reinstall them again?!?

5. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

I only had problems installing it into other frames. I learned that the hard way. When popping them in and out of the original frame, there was no issue.

6. jonoyong

jonoyong Inside Outlaw. Staff Member Premium Member

the curvature of the HDO-3D lenses are slightly different, so once you pop them out of the frame, and try and re-installing them again, they tend not to work anymore. something abt the alignment of the lenses in the frame for the 3D effects. hence, the general advice is to swap out the earstems if you wanna use them for regular daily wear.

7. Gix_916

Gix_916 Oakley Beginner

exactly right the original gascans are a toric based lens as the 3d lenses are flatter thats why the lenses look and sit deeper/flatter than standard gascan lenses(at least thats what i was told by oakley)

8. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

I was also told that. I just swap arms instead of lenses much safer but it does cost more.

9. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

Ok, i'm confused....

Can the 3D glasses be worn as regular sunglasses? I thought they were just for 3D movies and TV's?

10. O-man

O-man Oakley Beginner

Correct they are only for 3D. The talk here though is modding the tron or transformer glasses for regular wear and making a normal pair of gascans for 3D. Just swapping the lenses between the 2....