• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Proudly Presenting...

Millerntor

Oakley Beginner
I´m proudly presenting the new star of my small 9-pieces-collection. The Gascan TinTin with G30 Titanium irid lenses:

The frame ist just beautiful and i was lucky enough to get the last pair of those amazing lenses in germany. I´m damned happy with them :)

great . . . some members had problems . . . maybe it's just if you try to reinstall them again?!?

I only had problems installing it into other frames. I learned that the hard way. When popping them in and out of the original frame, there was no issue.

the curvature of the HDO-3D lenses are slightly different, so once you pop them out of the frame, and try and re-installing them again, they tend not to work anymore. something abt the alignment of the lenses in the frame for the 3D effects. hence, the general advice is to swap out the earstems if you wanna use them for regular daily wear.

the curvature of the HDO-3D lenses are slightly different, so once you pop them out of the frame, and try and re-installing them again, they tend not to work anymore. something abt the alignment of the lenses in the frame for the 3D effects. hence, the general advice is to swap out the earstems if you wanna use them for regular daily wear.
exactly right the original gascans are a toric based lens as the 3d lenses are flatter thats why the lenses look and sit deeper/flatter than standard gascan lenses(at least thats what i was told by oakley)

exactly right the original gascans are a toric based lens as the 3d lenses are flatter thats why the lenses look and sit deeper/flatter than standard gascan lenses(at least thats what i was told by oakley)

I was also told that. I just swap arms instead of lenses much safer but it does cost more.

Ok, i'm confused....

Can the 3D glasses be worn as regular sunglasses? I thought they were just for 3D movies and TV's?

Correct they are only for 3D. The talk here though is modding the tron or transformer glasses for regular wear and making a normal pair of gascans for 3D. Just swapping the lenses between the 2....

Latest Posts

Back