• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

PSA: Clean Your Frames!

Geez, I just use an old tooth brush and brush the frame grooves under warm running water after I've popped the lenses out.

I've tried a brush, I wasn't happy with the results. I use a can of compressed air to blow the channel out when I'm done, but using a cotton swab is a lot less messy.

Are you cleaning it with fairy dust? :laugh: Ref picture#3, reminds me of Tinkerbell.

Not sure I understand. Are you talking about the table? That's overspray, I was using it to wet some of the swabs.

I wish more people would do this, you should see some of the nasty and disgusting frames people bring into the store. And of coarse they want the lens and earsocks changed...and guess who gets to handle that :angry:

I wish more people would do this, you should see some of the nasty and disgusting frames people bring into the store. And of coarse they want the lens and earsocks changed...and guess who gets to handle that :angry:

Hahaha. Man, the first thing i do when i receive a pair i buy from someone else, i do a full teardown and wash. All my frames are kept clean, and gets a cleaning at the end of the day, every day if they are used. I just cant stand dirty lenses or frames, and not to mention youre putting all that dirt back onto your face!

Hahaha. Man, the first thing i do when i receive a pair i buy from someone else, i do a full teardown and wash. All my frames are kept clean, and gets a cleaning at the end of the day, every day if they are used. I just cant stand dirty lenses or frames, and not to mention youre putting all that dirt back onto your face!

Yeah thats how feel. My Dad has some of the worst though, but he works in construction and would never think to clean them. I clean my boyfriends all the time though, he is a mechanic so his get pretty nasty too.

Back