• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

PSA Ebay/Paypal Counterfeit Dispute Options

OakleyCan

Oakley Expert
Canada
Thought I would share my experience. Received a counterfeit pair from Ebay recently. Should you find yourself in this situation there are 2 likely paths to take. One is file a dispute with Ebay and the other is through Paypal.

In my experience Paypal will immediately side with you, and instruct you to return the item back to the seller and they will refund you once you provide a tracking number.

Now, with Ebay. They may require you to substantiate your claim, once you are able to demonstrate they are counterfeit ("With strong indicators") you will be refunded. However you should not be required to return them. You would be instructed to destroy the pair.

Basically with Ebay although some effort is required you will not be out the return shipping. The seller will not have the opportunity to defraud another person; and you may have a fake "demo" to share with others.

Note: Once you file a claim with one party (i.e Paypal)you will not be allowed to make any claim with the other party ( i.e Ebay) under any circumstance.

Sadly I opened the claim with Paypal first. So I loose the return shipping...

Or do what I did and track them down lmao. I called their house and his mom answered. Had to break news her son was selling fake crap on eBay. Bet he got his ass kicked when he got home

Latest Posts

Back