1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. MJLSr

MJLSr Oakley Expert

Just purchased this... Based on the pictures in the ad this piece apparently had a rough time getting to me [though the packaging had minimal damage, if any]. 3 of the 4 corners are bent, revealing cheap plastic. Thin flaking and cracking paint over much of the piece. As many of you know I have not been around OF much lately due to a) Too many recent bad deals & B) Too many sub-par 'junk' products being produced by Oakley not worth my time.

That being said this is a perfect example of the latter. Its trashed, completely junk, unusable - and for no apparent reason. The item was packaged very well and giving the seller, who has agreed to accept the product back for a full return, the benefit of the doubt I really can't say much more than stay the hell away from this cheap ass plastic piece of **** with ugly thin coating that flakes off by chunks. Not only is it aa waste of your $$$ but it is an insult to your collection and you as a Collector.

Icing on the cake Oakley has the nerve to put 'X-Metal' on this piece; How wrong is this? What type of blasphemy...?
    I'll also be sending this PSA over to some folks at Oakley to so they can share in the shame. :sad::errwhat::punish:

SHAME ON YOU OAKLEY FOR MAKING SUCH A HORRIBLE PIECE OF JUNK AND HAVING THE NERVE TO BRAND IT WITH ONE OF THE GREATEST PRODUCTS YOU HAD EVER MADE!!!

So here are the pics - see for yourself!

PSA: Why You Do NOT Want an 'X-Metal' "Glorifier" - xmetal-my-ass_22714817442_o.jpg PSA: Why You Do NOT Want an 'X-Metal' "Glorifier" - xmetal-my-ass_22105610714_o.jpg PSA: Why You Do NOT Want an 'X-Metal' "Glorifier" - xmetal-my-ass_22540466540_o.jpg PSA: Why You Do NOT Want an 'X-Metal' "Glorifier" - xmetal-my-ass_22714826162_o.jpg PSA: Why You Do NOT Want an 'X-Metal' "Glorifier" - xmetal-my-ass_22728393095_o.jpg PSA: Why You Do NOT Want an 'X-Metal' "Glorifier" - xmetal-my-ass_22728389805_o.jpg PSA: Why You Do NOT Want an 'X-Metal' "Glorifier" - xmetal-my-ass_22540468630_o.jpg PSA: Why You Do NOT Want an 'X-Metal' "Glorifier" - xmetal-my-ass_22540468670_o.jpg PSA: Why You Do NOT Want an 'X-Metal' "Glorifier" - xmetal-my-ass_22714821392_o.jpg PSA: Why You Do NOT Want an 'X-Metal' "Glorifier" - xmetal-my-ass_22728390995_o.jpg PSA: Why You Do NOT Want an 'X-Metal' "Glorifier" - xmetal-my-ass_22714822922_o.jpg PSA: Why You Do NOT Want an 'X-Metal' "Glorifier" - xmetal-my-ass_22702364926_o.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. MJLSr

MJLSr Oakley Expert

That's an idea, but the corners need to be redone and you're working with plastic, not metal underneath. All the coating would need to be stripped... its do-able, but not for me - too much plastic crap and cheap makeup on that pig for me to deal with it any more.

3. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

That's a cool little shelving unit can you buy those through Oakley how do I get my hands on one of those

4. MJLSr

MJLSr Oakley Expert

PayPal me $93 :D

5. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

SHAME though it looks good :(

6. mercat

mercat Oakley Enthusiast

Looks good..materials not really good..i wonder where Oakley had it made?hmm..

7. joecool862

joecool862 Keeper of the Skull Premium Member Lifetime Member

Because it's cheap to manufacture. Plastic is cheap and light. These are meant to make you stop and say, Wow, look at those! Then either buy the glasses or move on... Sorry you had this experience MJLSr. It does look like a great display piece. Who knew it was so fragile?!?

MJLSr likes this.
  8. dingo ate my baby

dingo ate my baby I should Work at Oakley

I thought it was metal. :(

bean323 and MJLSr like this.
  9. dingo ate my baby

dingo ate my baby I should Work at Oakley

That looks like 60 shipped to me:)

10. MJLSr

MJLSr Oakley Expert

<sigh> ... $93 is what I paid. It will cost me ~$13 to ship it back, so I might be able to do a few $s less if anyone seriously wants it, otherwise its being returned for a full refund.