• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Purchased Oakley Blenders - First Pair!

I have just got in the mail my first ever pair of Oakley sunglasses. I purchased these off of eBay, and they seemed legitimate from pics (Oakley box, soft pouch with Oakley logo on tag, etc.). Well, the box and the pouch are definitely legit. The white sticker on the box does say "Made in China" with "Designed and Engineered by Oakley USA" above it. All the numbers on the box match the numbers on the glasses and it contains the warranty info and paperwork. I am just worried that someone put fake glasses into a real pouch/box. However I got these today and I have a couple of concerns:

1. On the right inside arm, there are two stamps in white. One says "127" and then right after that it's stamped "China." I have tried to research this and I understand that some frames are now made in China, but what I read is that it should say "Made in China" or say nothing at all. On the inside left arm, it has the same white stamps which say "CE" followed by the serial number OO4059-01, followed by the raised Oakley logo and BLENDER which is also raised and you can hardly tell what it reads. On the metal frame in the middle of the nose piece it has another white stamp...59 (Oakley logo) 17. One thing that I find very odd about these stamps is that you can see them through the transparent arms from the outside of the glasses. You'd think Oakley would not design that way.

2. There is no etching anywhere at all on the lenses. Some people have told me that it should have Oakley or Polarized etched in the lens. I can tell you that these lenses are definitely NOT polarized, but the eBay ad did not state that they were. But the lenses are in there very nicely and don't have a cheap feel.

Overall, the quality seems legitimate. They feel durable and solid for sure. Only the red flags mentioned above! Help!

Pictures would help, but having owned blenders, all you say sounds correct. Blenders are made in China, as is anything with c-5. As far as seeing the printing from the outside, I can't recall offhand, but I would bet you can't when they are being worn.

The metal frame glasses, indeed, just say "China" on the arm. The old O Matter frames used to say "made in USA" on them and now those frames say nothing.

Those glasses, from the number you provided on the frame, are not polarized. Regular Oakley lenses do not have any markings. Polarized usually say polarized in etching and special editions quite commonly have a logo etch of some sort. But otherwise, the lenses are "sterile".

The frame you got it Lead with Grey Smoke. The back part of the arms are Grey Smoke color, which is semi-translucent. You'd be able to slightly make out inside markings looking through it in some light conditions, but probably not on your face. The lenses are Warm Grey. Unless the lenses are Polarized or it is a special edition pair, they will not have any etching on them. Your pair is 100% authentic, there isn't and wouldn't be that amount of detail on a fake for that kind of frame. All markings are as they should be. It's a nice pair, and you'll enjoy.

Thanks a lot guys. Definitely a relief! I absolutely love them so far. I was torn between these and the Flak jackets, and I think I made the right choice. Who knows, maybe I'll pick those up too before long!

Most of the vendors on Ebay are selling the real Oakley that they've bought them from the Oakleyvaut.com or got the deep discount from Oakley. If you want to the real Oakley and safe some money, keep checking on the site, right now they have Blender for $91.00 shipped.
http://oakleyvault.com/catalog?N=100812&Nao=24&cm_mmc=CJ-_-AFFILIATE-_-1260291-_-11719865

I'll keep that site in mind in the future. I actually picked these up NIB for $80 shipped and was the only bidder. Seller wasn't a vendor, just a random low feedback account. Definitely took a chance on them

Latest Posts

Back