1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Wally Taylor

Wally Taylor Oakley Enthusiast

Purchased Today. My First PURCHASED New Oakleys in 20 Years! - image.jpeg I won a pair of Flak Jacket XLJ's for free (the bids were free) on one of the auction websites, so I have a fairly new pair of Oakleys, but the last new pair that I bought were Black Oakley Moons. The XLJ's came with Black Iridium, but I layed out $50 for a pair of mint Jade Iridium for them, and I'm glad that I did. I've always loved Green lenses on Oakleys. I can already see a pair of PRIZM Shallow Water in my XLJ's future..
    I just wish that they were Polarized. Today, I bought a new pair of Oakley Frogskin Woodgrain Prisms. I can't wait to get them. I was going to buy them on the Oakley Website, but I found them on eBay for under $115. I was ready to pay $160 on the Oakley Website, so it was really time well spent on eBay to land a pretty darn good deal.
    I have vision trouble after an accident, My right eye is blurry and the "sphincter" doesn't close the Iris any more, and my eye is wide open all the time, which lets in far too much light, so sunglasses are really important to me. REALLY important.
    So I wanted to try the PRISM Technology because I always try everything new in sunglasses, because it may help a little bit more than what I've tried before. I can't wait to try the PRISM Tech, and I also think that Frogskins look comfortable, and durable. Considering I was going to pay $100 just for PRISM lenses for my XLJ's, an entire pair of Frogskins with PRISM for $15 more is a steal. And if it works, I WILL buy the DEEP SEA PRISM for my XLJ's. Important, because I've wanted to get back into Oakleys for a while, because I love the quality AND the comfort. I'm REALLY hoping that PRISM Tech will help me, even a little bit. For $115 I'm really happy to be trying out something that a great think tank like Oakley has put together over the years. And if they believe in it enough to sink millions into it, then I'll certainly give it a shot. Thanks Oakley!

Last edited: 7/29/16
    MD Oakley'er and Durty66 like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Welcome aboard, the prism is a great lense, and Oakleys are the best period ;)

3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Congrats. :)

4. QLR1

QLR1 DARK SIDE, embraced!

Congratulations!

Sent from Q's Note5

5. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

Congrats bro.

6. Gixxer

Gixxer Oakley Beginner

Congrats!

7. Durty66

Durty66 Oakley Enthusiast

Congrats!

8. C. Chaos

C. Chaos Oakley Beginner

Feels weird doesn't it? I actually bought Flaks too as my first "New Age Oakley's" since being loyal to my M Frames for all these years...Last brand new pair of Oak's I remember buying was my pearl white M Pros (the ones that the ear pieces don't bend) with black iridium lens...when I was 16...

9. Wally Taylor

Wally Taylor Oakley Enthusiast

Thanks everybody! I should get my SkinsnSaturday, so I'll have the weekend with PRISM! Can't wait! And thanks again!

Gixxer likes this.
  10. cyclerdoug

cyclerdoug Oakley Expert Premium Member

Nice pickup Wally, I hope you get to use them this weekend yet!