1. Want to view this complete exchange listing and contact the seller before its too late? Become a Premium Member Today for instant access! Don't miss out!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Want to view this complete exchange listing and contact the seller before its too late? Become a Premium Member Today for instant access! Don't miss out!
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rating:
    100%
    looking for brand new unused or excellent used condition Juliet ruby lenses with purple hue (no fruby).

let me know if you have a set available.

thanks

David

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rating:
    100%
    is there sample photos showing the difference?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rating:
    100%
    This is what David is looking for and not the later - yellowish Ruby.
    Purple hue Ruby Juliet lenses - 36FE8F66-19AF-4FFC-B34B-F66E2E1AEA77_zpsna27qjps.jpg

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rating:
    100%

I see, thanks! now i prefer those ruby lol

Anonymous and Anonymous like this.
  5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rating:
    100%
    You're welcome :)

Anonymous likes this.
  6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rating:
    100%
    from the light angle of the far counterpart lenses, they appear to look "fruby". i suppose even the purple hue ruby lenses have a "fruby" angle as well?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rating:
    100%
    You will encounter the yellow/orange effect with most at angles yes. Both these pairs have solid purple middles viewed in natural light, front on so I suppose it is a feature. I've mentioned it before I believe, but I once owned a very low serial X Metal Ruby in my early collecting days, which had the darkest lenses I have ever seen. They were very marked up so we're unusable and the silicon coating was also peeling from the inside so I tossed them out which proved to be a mistake as they could have been used for reference etc. I don't remember any yellow or orange with these as they virtually appeared to be 'magenta' in comparison with one of the above pairs i did own at the time.
    We live and learn !

Anonymous likes this.
  8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rating:
    100%
    1st gen fires also show this from angles, just fyi
    -

Purple hue Ruby Juliet lenses - null_zpsfe213fcb.jpg

Anonymous, Anonymous and Anonymous like this.
  9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rating:
    100%
    These 1st gen fire lenses that you're calling them, they look like fruby if anything. I have a pair of Oakley Customs Polished/Ruby Juliets and the lenses are Ruby and they looks EXACTLY like the ones in your pic. They have the "Blue" based tint so I know it's a Ruby. The fire lenses have a "yellow" based tint from what I've observed.

Am I mistaken?

David

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rating:
    100%
    Yes both are 1st gen fires and do again from a good angle, resemble a fruby lens. Fire has the green/yellowish base tint - correct.

Purple hue Ruby Juliet lenses - null_zpsd61dd0cd.jpg