• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Purple Juliet On The Bay

winnervy.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice photoshop...lol

OK, I have to admit Im a little bummed now for not pulling the trigger on these right when I saw them. Congrats X, even though you didnt win the auction, you get them in the end. I am really glad they are going to a good home. If you ever decide to sell them, please let me know. Its a pretty exclusive club you 2 have going there.

OK, I have to admit Im a little bummed now for not pulling the trigger on these right when I saw them.

Pretty much this.

It's weird because I don't usually hesitate in pulling the trigger for any good deal on the bay. In recent weeks I've picked up a mint polished penny/ice with serial matched box for £100 and an R1 with only minor surface scratches for £120. Cash wasn't the issue.

I think it was pondering the authenticity that did it for me, particularly given that these never left the factory. It did cross my mind that the x-man could at some point replicate the finish, which could open up a whole can of worms.

I passed on this because I just couldn't see the value in it- at least to me.

I do hope however, that the new owner fits them with IH rubbers and lenses.

My .02 only

I passed on this because I just couldn't see the value in it- at least to me.

I do hope however, that the new owner fits them with IH rubbers and lenses.

My .02 only

CG.... The value is in the eye of the beholder as we all know, but my opinion on these is that there are a WHOOOOOOLE LOT of beholders that would like to be holdin these themselves... That my friend creates value! IMO these sold for a STEAL being that they are as rare as the Copper Romeo's and more rare than the Livestrong C Six.... I could go on and on...

I will post up the purchase later when I get home. Tracking info was sent to me. And then I will post that info and you can track it to my house!!

Back