• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Putting a metal band on a kill switch

Kill Switch has ample potential - it's definitely not the best as it could have been when Oakley released it. The Kill Switch Ti/CF is what it should have been as a first release. If it was paired with a proper designed Ti band, it'd have easily given MM a run for its money. Not many people can afford multiple timepieces to change up their style on a daily basis.

Since Oakley decided to abandon its products, it's up to us enthusiasts to take on what they left behind.

Kill Switch has ample potential - it's definitely not the best as it could have been when Oakley released it. The Kill Switch Ti/CF is what it should have been as a first release. If it was paired with a proper designed Ti band, it'd have easily given MM a run for its money. Not many people can afford multiple timepieces to change up their style on a daily basis.

Since Oakley decided to abandon its products, it's up to us enthusiasts to take on what they left behind.
I was really hoping with the ability to swap bezels they were going to offer the same with the band. I think that would have been a nice option.

I was really hoping with the ability to swap bezels they were going to offer the same with the band. I think that would have been a nice option.
I agree and with enough interest maybe we can get something created to make a great looking watch even better!!

I'd like to believe that was on their cards until someone up top made an executive decision to axe everything. I personally question a lot of decisions that they made this last year that didn't make business sense. But that's another topic altogether

I agree, has anyone took measurements of the ti gearbox band to for fitting? I got some pics.

Just letting you know, if you're trying to put the Gearbox band it it's not the exact size. Kill switch band is 21.62mm and the screw diameter is bigger vs Gearbox (20.57 mm). You'll need to modify the Gearbox band's width and add about 1mm of spacer for a flush fit. Also shave the Gearbox band head down to have the thru-pin align (shave down about 1.60 mm).

Some measurements (using the Rubber band Gearbox, but it's most likely the same as the metal band):
Watch |Band width | diameter rod | diameter bolt head | bore to outer band (you need to shave the band down to match the get the rod to fit)
Killswitch: 21.62 mm | 2.98 mm | 5.69mm | 2.96 mm
GearBox: 20.57 mm | 2.47 mm | 4.42mm | 1.37 mm

gearbox-killswitch.jpg
gearbox-killswitch-2.jpg

Last edited:
Just letting you know, if you're trying to put the Gearbox band it it's not the exact size. Kill switch band is 21.62mm and the screw diameter is bigger vs Gearbox (20.57 mm). You need to modify the Gearbox band to fit it in the killswitch as well as the thru-pin won't align (shave down about 1.60 mm).

Some measurements (using the Rubbger Gearbox, but it's most likely the same as the metal band):
Watch |Band width | diameter rod | diameter bolt head | bore to outer band (you need to shave the band down to match the get the rod to fit)
Killswitch: 21.62 mm | 2.98 mm | 5.69mm | 2.96 mm
GearBox: 20.57 mm | 2.47 mm | 4.42mm | 1.37 mm

View attachment 212919 View attachment 212920
Thank you so much for the help it is much appreciated!

Back