• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

QLR1's 4K Post & Collection Thread

Hello all and here goes!

Here is to post #4000! Been on here for 3 years (as of 12/31/14) and what a ride it has been! My first Oakley was an Oil Rig. I only started wearing Oakley because it was the only brand that didn't completely look horrible on this noggin, even though the Oil Rig didn't mesh with this face. It was the least of the designer evils at the time. Next thing I know, I'm taking over a selfie thread! Not quite sure how I got the Selfie Mastaaaaaaaa crown, but I wear the imaginary crown with pride.

I wonder how on earth I got so many likes, I wonder what's the it factor. I could not tell you how I amassed so many likes...keep it up, though!

One thing I can say about this forum is that it is never boring! I learn something new everyday I visit. There is always someone waiting to drop some knowledge, wanted or not, useless or otherwise.

The people here make the forum run, whether it be the mods like @OakleyBoss, or everyday users. The welcome mat was rolled out and I didn't leave. So many helpful folks on here. Glad that I was able to help out in some small way.

I still remember @atrain teasing me like the big brother I've never had, @OakleyFrankFMJ pouncing on my latest slip up (glad those are less and less!!!!), @kronin323 dropping some kind of fact out of left field... I could go on and on... I get a chuckle from some of the members calling me Q, although it is only immediately after my reply... I could never replace THE Q in the dictionary, @qtrain23 HAHAHAHA I could have been knocked over by a feather when @Oakley Ron went and got some Eyeshade because of me!

Thanks @Dallas O Hog for the met up... I probably would never know what a metal feels and looks like on this face, if not for you. I probably won't quite understand the love of metals, but to each its own. How's my fund going @kronin323? I need me a PB1 in my collection :lolsign:

Ok, I am done. Photos will come up later. No special collection shelves or anything like that. It is amazing how a collection can just multiply. Mine grew to this size primarily from bargain hunting and buying one here, and one there...

Congrats on the milestone! You've been an amazing part of the community and we love having you here!

Nice Pics!!

Also... I have to blame... Err thank @Wavecloud for pushing me to try something different. He just knew that I'd look just fine in an Eyeshade and an M2 without me posting a picture. I will primarily wear squarish frames (my face supports them the best) , but there other stuff out there.

Last edited:
Hello all and here goes!

Here is to post #4000! Been on here for 3 years (as of 12/31/14) and what a ride it has been! My first Oakley was an Oil Rig. I only started wearing Oakley because it was the only brand that didn't completely look horrible on this noggin, even though the Oil Rig didn't mesh with this face. It was the least of the designer evils at the time. Next thing I know, I'm taking over a selfie thread! Not quite sure how I got the Selfie Mastaaaaaaaa crown, but I wear the imaginary crown with pride.

I wonder how on earth I got so many likes, I wonder what's the it factor. I could not tell you how I amassed so many likes...keep it up, though!

One thing I can say about this forum is that it is never boring! I learn something new everyday I visit. There is always someone waiting to drop some knowledge, wanted or not, useless or otherwise.

The people here make the forum run, whether it be the mods like @OakleyBoss, or everyday users. The welcome mat was rolled out and I didn't leave. So many helpful folks on here. Glad that I was able to help out in some small way.

I still remember @atrain teasing me like the big brother I've never had, @OakleyFrankFMJ pouncing on my latest slip up (glad those are less and less!!!!), @kronin323 dropping some kind of fact out of left field... I could go on and on... I get a chuckle from some of the members calling me Q, although it is only immediately after my reply... I could never replace THE Q in the dictionary, @qtrain23 HAHAHAHA I could have been knocked over by a feather when @Oakley Ron went and got some Eyeshade because of me!

Thanks @Dallas O Hog for the met up... I probably would never know what a metal feels and looks like on this face, if not for you. I probably won't quite understand the love of metals, but to each its own. How's my fund going @kronin323? I need me a PB1 in my collection :lolsign:

Ok, I am done. Photos will come up later. No special collection shelves or anything like that. It is amazing how a collection can just multiply. Mine grew to this size primarily from bargain hunting and buying one here, and one there...
Congratulations! I'm curious. Did Gummy help you celebrate this momentous occasion? :D

Back