• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Qtrain Printed Stands just arrived...

cyclerdoug

There's no need to fear....
Premium Member
Pennsylvania
and quickly got dressed in their Ducati livery...
duc stand.jpg

And they are nicer and better made than his thread pictures suggest! Glad I got several 3 and 4-tier, all in the bright white, I can arrange the Ducatis and change the display arrangement and height whenever the mood strikes me...played with several configurations for a while Saturday night.
Easily taken apart and put back together, they are sturdier than the original "single pole" Oakley stands, even with the 4-tier there is no wobbling or leaning. They are angled properly for side-viewing also. Extremely well thought out design and execution! There are notches out front on the nosepiece supports that hold the 7 different model variations I have tried on them so far, and the length of his leg supports hold each model with plenty of room to spare. I have 2 of Q's original metal 3-tier stands, and will be using them for possibly some future x-metals, since they have an "industrial" look and feel to them. Definite keepers. These new 3D printed stands are completely different and very cool!
duc stand 2.jpg

Please excuse my crappy I-phone 3 pics. The texturing on the base and stalks is a nice touch, and as he explained in his thread is a by-product of the printing process. It looks better than it would have if they came out smooth in my opinion. Another happy Q customer planning more purchases already. Thanks Again Qtrain23!!! -cyclerdoug

and quickly got dressed in their Ducati livery...
View attachment 155051

And they are nicer and better made than his thread pictures suggest! Glad I got several 3 and 4-tier, all in the bright white, I can arrange the Ducatis and change the display arrangement and height whenever the mood strikes me...played with several configurations for a while Saturday night.
Easily taken apart and put back together, they are sturdier than the original "single pole" Oakley stands, even with the 4-tier there is no wobbling or leaning. They are angled properly for side-viewing also. Extremely well thought out design and execution! There are notches out front on the nosepiece supports that hold the 7 different model variations I have tried on them so far, and the length of his leg supports hold each model with plenty of room to spare. I have 2 of Q's original metal 3-tier stands, and will be using them for possibly some future x-metals, since they have an "industrial" look and feel to them. Definite keepers. These new 3D printed stands are completely different and very cool!
View attachment 155050

Please excuse my crappy I-phone 3 pics. The texturing on the base and stalks is a nice touch, and as he explained in his thread is a by-product of the printing process. It looks better than it would have if they came out smooth in my opinion. Another happy Q customer planning more purchases already. Thanks Again Qtrain23!!! -cyclerdoug
That looks great! :)

but did you actually say iPhone 3? :twitch:

HA! Good eyes OakleyFrank! I did actually say that...and if it ain't broke, don't fix it! :) I know....I know. Get in line behind my wife to tell me how much I need to upgrade...

Congrats! I like Qtrain stands too. In fact I just ordered a blue/black themed 2 tier for my brand new Water Prizm Flak Jackets. Cant wait to get them. I am surprised you did not choose a black/red theme for your Ducatis. Something like a Red base and riser and black arms. That would have been so cool in my opinion but hey white is what you prefer and it looks very classy too. Thats what I like about Qtrains stands, you have choices and can mix and match to satisfy your needs. Congrats. :)

Yeah, you guys can thank me for the 4 tier stands, I asked Q if he could do it. Looks like he can. :grin:

Back