• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Quality Pens

@kronin323 -- a special run of solid copper Alpha Pens was recently posted for sale on Massdrop. https://www.massdrop.com/buy/alpha-pen You'll have to create an account before you can see the listing. Price is $174.99 + $2.75 shipping within USA, and the sale is open for the next 8 days.

This is actually the second run of these copper pens. The first was 3 months ago, and if you check the discussion, you can still read comments from people who purchased in the first run. Since Mont Blanc does not allow resale of their refills, Jason had to provide knock-off refills, and most people were not satisfied with the fit. But once they got Mont Blanc refills they were happy.

I passed on the first run, but might have to grab one this time. I'm a sucker for copper.

Well, I finally gave in and joined the drop for a copper alpha pen - will post pics when it arrives. Time to order some refills!

In comparison to his pens in other materials, that was a dang good price...

I considered it but decided that, for the pen at least, I'd prefer the electroless nickel plated aluminum, prefer it be more shiny than patina. And the weight, too - 3 oz vs. 1.23 oz...

Regardless I still haven't decided to get one yet. I'm leaning more and more towards it but am not there yet...

Hope you enjoy it! And I assume you'll post pics...

In comparison to his pens in other materials, that was a dang good price...

I considered it but decided that, for the pen at least, I'd prefer the electroless nickel plated aluminum, prefer it be more shiny than patina. And the weight, too - 3 oz vs. 1.23 oz...

Regardless I still haven't decided to get one yet. I'm leaning more and more towards it but am not there yet...

Hope you enjoy it! And I assume you'll post pics...

If you intend to do any significant amount of writing with it, the EN plated Al version is absolutely the best choice. It will still get a slight patina, but it's not very noticeable, and can be cleaned up easily with Nevr Dull.

The relative low price of the Cu version compared to other materials as you mentioned was definitely a factor in my decision to buy. Plus I'm a sucker for copper, and for any of Jason's products in general. I admittedly doubt that I will use the Cu pen very often due to weight. I plan to not post the cap on the end when writing, which should help with both weight and balance. I did that with the Ti version and it definitely made an improvement, and didn't feel too short.

I think I'm gonna end up with one of these
031d28b29d83db17ec5aeae48eacb34b.jpg

I have added some more pens to my collection since the last time I posted. Here we go...

1. Mecarmy TPX33T titanium pen with tritium glow bar.
DSC05176.JPG

2. Ti2 Design TechLiner Fallout pen. This pen is really unique. Magnets are used to hold the pen cap on the front and the back of the pen body.
DSC05177.JPG
DSC05178.JPG

3. Here we have a custom Microtech Marfione Siphon II with a titanium blued body and carbon fiber lever to open and close the pen. These pens are badass.
DSC05179.JPG
DSC05180.JPG

4. Here we have a custom Microtech Marfione Siphon II with a bronzed aluminum body and a lightning strike carbon fiber lever to open and close the pen.
DSC05181.JPG
DSC05182.JPG

5. Here we have a custom Microtech Marfione Siphon II with a red stainless steel body and bronze lever to open and close the pen.
DSC05183.JPG
DSC05184.JPG

6. Here we have a custom Microtech Marfione Siphon II with a stainless steel Monkey Edge Frag pattern body and bronze lever to open and close the pen.
DSC05185.JPG
DSC05186.JPG

7. Here we have 2 custom Matthew Martin pens. The top one is zirconium and the bottom one is titanium.
DSC05187.JPG

7. Here we have 2 Matthew Martin 500 series pens. The pen on the left is titanium and Mokume Gane. The pen on the right is carbon fiber and damascus.
DSC05188.JPG

8. Here we have 3 Matthew Martin 400 series pens. From left to right.
- Mokume Gane and zirconium.
- Mokume Gane and titanium.
- Mokume Gane and carbon fiber.
DSC05189.JPG
DSC05190.JPG

Thanks for looking and I hope to add more kickass pens in the future.

I have added some more pens to my collection since the last time I posted. Here we go...

1. Mecarmy TPX33T titanium pen with tritium glow bar.
View attachment 312952

2. Ti2 Design TechLiner Fallout pen. This pen is really unique. Magnets are used to hold the pen cap on the front and the back of the pen body.
View attachment 312953 View attachment 312954

3. Here we have a custom Microtech Marfione Siphon II with a titanium blued body and carbon fiber lever to open and close the pen. These pens are badass. View attachment 312955 View attachment 312956

4. Here we have a custom Microtech Marfione Siphon II with a bronzed aluminum body and a lightning strike carbon fiber lever to open and close the pen.
View attachment 312957 View attachment 312958

5. Here we have a custom Microtech Marfione Siphon II with a red stainless steel body and bronze lever to open and close the pen.
View attachment 312959 View attachment 312960

6. Here we have a custom Microtech Marfione Siphon II with a stainless steel Monkey Edge Frag pattern body and bronze lever to open and close the pen.
View attachment 312961 View attachment 312962

7. Here we have 2 custom Matthew Martin pens. The top one is zirconium and the bottom one is titanium.
View attachment 312963

7. Here we have 2 Matthew Martin 500 series pens. The pen on the left is titanium and Mokume Gane. The pen on the right is carbon fiber and damascus.
View attachment 312964

8. Here we have 3 Matthew Martin 400 series pens. From left to right.
- Mokume Gane and zirconium.
- Mokume Gane and titanium.
- Mokume Gane and carbon fiber.
View attachment 312965 View attachment 312966

Thanks for looking and I hope to add more kickass pens in the future.

Dude, those are some badass pens!!! From a guy that makes his own pens from various materials on my lathe, I wish I could make something as sweet as the Microtech Marfione Siphon II.... Totally Awesome

It’s been a while since I’ve posted here, but here are a couple new custom hand-crafted additions.

The top one has a carbon fiber barrel with a blue-swirl anodized titanium grip and top. It also has a titanium glass-breaker tip, clip and end cap.
The bottom one has a titanium barrel with blue anodized titanium grip, tip and clip.
bbbaf5b664f5b99f2337a82a35d96b98.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro