• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Quality Pens

yqene6yv.jpg

No laser pointers? Or is a laser pointer to pens what the Half X is to X Metals?
Anyway, put those babies in a doublewide so that you can enjoy them!

My choice pen is a Benchmade 1100 Damascus steel pen with Fisher Ink. It's truly a work of art, and it writes as good as it looks. It makes a nice weapon as well if need be.
ba6ujaze.jpg
qasajary.jpg
munypere.jpg

Last edited:
My new 1100-16 series Benchmade pen showed up today. This one has a titanium body and is quite a bit lighter than my Damascus pen, although I still love the heftiness of my Damascus. I expect to get many years of good use out of this pen. It's a nice one.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406000341.541915.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406000351.005245.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406000358.988996.jpg

I made a round trip from Detroit to Hawaii via Phoenix in January. 5 security checks (Detroit, Phoenix terminal change, Hawaii, Hawaii secondary screening, Phoenix terminal change). I was waiting for my bags in Detroit, put my coat back on, which I had hand carried through all of the airports, and found a handful of live rounds in the pocket. A 9mm, and a couple 5.56 leftover from a range trip or whatever.

Made it onto every plane without issue with the coat going through X-ray.

They sure do. I've flown many times with them in my carry-on with no issues.

Wow I'll have to get one sometime... was just browsing about them. I wondered if the Damascus version would rust (as most Damascus will) but I see it's made from Damasteel, which is a version of damascus made through powder sintering instead of pattern welding, and it's stainless...

(BTW pretty much all Damascus you find these days is actually modern Damascus, launched in 1973 when William F. Moran figured out how to use pattern welding to make something that resembled original Damascus; the original Damascus steel, produced from around 300 BC until around 1750 AD, is a lost art - the original method of making it is not known today...)

[Dang I seem to be in a Font of Useless Knowledge mood today...]