• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Quarter Jacket

I bought them for my son and when my wife found out she went nuts! So I cancelled my order. I had forgotten that for the last 16 years I have been wearing oakleys and my eyes cant survive in bright light without them! Thus... giving my soon to be 4 year old son a chance to let his eyes fully devolope. If kids so young are wearing them now, they will be too dependent on them! Dont get me wrong my son has XS fives and will not wear for any long length of time. I dont want to sound like a party pooper but my kids eyes are too precious to hinder development.
Cheers. I would hope most poeple would agree. The sun is the bringer of life after all lol!

I bought them for my son and when my wife found out she went nuts! So I cancelled my order. I had forgotten that for the last 16 years I have been wearing oakleys and my eyes cant survive in bright light without them! Thus... giving my soon to be 4 year old son a chance to let his eyes fully devolope. If kids so young are wearing them now, they will be too dependent on them! Dont get me wrong my son has XS fives and will not wear for any long length of time. I dont want to sound like a party pooper but my kids eyes are too precious to hinder development.
Cheers. I would hope most poeple would agree. The sun is the bringer of life after all lol!
Sorry man but that statement doesn't make any sence why would you want to expose your kids developing eyes to all the uv rays that the sun produces. The sun may give life but it also takes lives with cancer and others. There are several articles online but here is just one for you. The best thing you can do is put your kid in a good pair of sunglasses. Protect their eyes so they can develop man.
Should my child wear sunglasses?| BabyCenter

Yeah I am very lucky my boy wont take them off. He even leaves them on in the store. I always have to tell him to put them on top of his head. That is what to me justified spending $70 for a pair for him. I even have him so he wont touch his lenses anymore

not to discount your stance on wearing sunglasses, but i feel like i should clear up some misconceptions you have about kids, children and yourself wearing sunglasses.
first off you have been wearing oakleys for the last 16 years because you value your eyes,you cannot live without them because your eyes are used to being able to see in the sun. you are more comfortable not having the bright unbearable at times light directly in your eyes, as you are outside, essentially you are dependent on being able to see comfortably while in the elements.
as for children Unprotected exposure to ultraviolet (UV) rays during youth puts children at an increased lifetime risk for skin cancer. Overexposure to the sun can also lead to eye damage and immune system suppression. Other kinds of eye damage include pterygium (tissue growth that can block vision), skin cancer around the eyes, and degeneration of the macula (the part of the retina where visual perception is most acute). All of these problems can be lessened with proper eye protection.
in my opinion eye development should not be a definitive reason to not use eye protection, unless directed by your optometrist that there should be reason to be concerned. so i hope you will consult your optometrist before putting your childs eyes at risk.

Thank you for you comments stn51. I shall look more into this. Like I said, he does wear them but in extreme sunlight. And he knows as he grows, Daddys collection is his collection (but for gods sake dont touch the lenses) haha.
Cheers

I would have been smacked asking for sunglasses in elementary years especially ones that cost over 20 dollars...I don't think most kids ,except of forum members, wear sunglasses outside of maybe baseball....

The human eye is full developed by the age of 7 years! Kids over that age should have no problems at all. :)

Saw these in person yesterday they fit my 4 y/o pretty good but I will say he has kind of a large head but they look amazing

Latest Posts

Back