• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

question about customs duty , europe to the US

Tom.

Europe
I have never sold any of my belongings in my life, but I am thinking about about selling some/all of the never worn custom radars from my collection, but i only want to sell to the oakley forum members/experts in the US...i was wondering if the buyer would have to pay some sort of customs duty when the glasses enter the US.......i found these rules
International Postal Service: Merchandise shipped through the international postal service is forwarded upon its arrival in the United States to one of U.S. Customs and Border Protection International Mail Branches for clearance. If the item is less than $2,000 in value and is not subject to a quota or is not a restricted or prohibited item, a CBP official will usually prepare the paperwork for importing it, assess the proper duty, and release it for delivery. This procedure is generally referred to as a mail entry. Packages whose declared value is under $200 ($100 if being sent as a gift to someone other than the purchaser) will generally be cleared without any additional paperwork prepared by CBP.

so does this mean that I and the buyer would not have to worry about duty/tax , when the item ships from europe to the USA?

u are thinking too much, if u are not selling hazardous material ,Bin Laden bones or anything related u are good .Start selling without worrying too much
Btw where in Europe are u located?

No we don't have to pay custom fees

Sent from: Outer Space
sounds pretty good, then i guess i will have get my act/sh!t together and list some glasses.....not sure of course if anyone is interested in the radars which is a rather old model now. But perhaps they are regarded as classics now? LOL

Buying those glasses was way too tempting, i loved mixing and matching colors and lenses on oakley.com, and just clicking "buy" was so easy.....loved getting a new colorway every other week, and getting to know the UPS guy (actually no, he was rather creepy, thank God they switched to FedEX).....but all i did was look at them for 30 seconds and make sure they were flawless, and then stash them in the closet, i did the same thing with custom Nike shoes, i must have at least 30 pairs of custom air max´s and other models i never have worn, it was the building/custom process i enjoyed more than using the final product.....wonder what my f***** problem was/is.... Is there a doctor in the house?:D

Last edited:
If an item was initially produced in the USA as most older stuff ( they payed import charge going to the opposite country ) all you say is produced in USA and under 2,000 ( 1,999$) and buyer won't need to pay import.

We don't pay taxes as a general rule. There are a few exceptions but you're unlikely to enter that arena.

Where's that damn Boston Tea Party picture I usually post?

Back