• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question About Ducati Fives Squared

yzfr6i

Oakley Beginner
Missouri
I was just looking at mine and noticed there are no rubber pieces in the nose. But both my SI Fives Squared have the rubber there. Was this something they only did on the SI?

The fives squared were recently updated with rubber nosepieces so the ones more than a couple months old are now the previous gen.

Where does it say that the Fives come with Unobtainium nosebombs? Is there a pic or description anywhere online? I have never seen these in stores and even the SI site says nothing about them.

I was looking at a pair on ebay, and they had a closeup of the nose area, and there was the Unobtainium. I had remembered that the nose area on mine was a pain to keep from turning shinny because of all the oils on your nose. So went in a looked and sure enough no nosepads. But both my SI fives have the pads.

On the Oakley site for fives squared it says:
  • Patented hydrophilic Unobtainium® nosepads ensure a snug, secure fit, and increase grip with perspiration