• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question About Ducati X

reggavegga

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Cincinnati, Ohio
Does the ducati xmetal squared come with a hard case? On oakley.com it doesn't show it. I have seen pictures with the glasses and the case together. also what you you rather have the ducati x squared or a pit boss?

Yes. ALL X Squared models come with a zippered ballistic style hard case. These cases are large enough to store pretty much any Oakley model including the gigantic Pit Boss

Well there is a price difference. I have both. I love the Pit Boss. It is my favorite of all my glasses. Don't get me wrong I have 2 pair of the X squared and I really like those frames too.
Pit Boss is Bad ASS!!
Yes it does come with a case.

Ive cycled so many Pit Boss in and out of my collection its insane..I've owned every variant at one point or another, even adding in the Matte Titaniums last week for less than a day before trading them for some custom cut lenses. It's a fine design, and now that pricing is low to mid $300 its where it should have been to begin with. But, at the end of the day, its no match for the X Metals. Materials, design and engineering complexity, look, longevity...the X Metals have it all...I've never had one person comment on a Pit Boss, not one...each and every X Metal garners looks, comments and gushing.

The X Metals are ceasing production next month...even if the Pit Boss did as well, in 7 years which do think would be fetching double their retail? I guarantee you the X Metals....get the Squared, save some money and look at it as an investment, cause that's what it is

Thanks for the replies. I can get either one for free if I cash in some thankyou points and some priority club points. Got alot of both so combining them is cool. I can get some Amazon gift cards.

I think I have it narrowed down to either getting a Ducati xsquared or the xsquared with blue plasma ice. Which would you get? the blue is a little cheaper price.

The Ducati will have a bit more collectibility, not to mention colored unobtanium, which Oakley tends to run out of all the time. Even if you don't like the red rubber, you could buy a set of black replacements for really cheap from Oakley Customer Support.

Both those X Squared models are fine choices.....and while the Plasma Ice might POP a little more visually, I think that the Ducati is more unique and rare. If I had to take just one it would be the Ducati. I think. Plus looking forward the Ducati will be more sought after

Back