1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. samirb

samirb Oakley Beginner

Let me ask you guys who knows more than me, about that thing i realized.

Some of the earsterms of some juliets have a little curve on it, why's that?

Thanks in advance for the information.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

How do you mean? Are you talking about hammerstems, like you would find on an x squared?

3. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Only polished Juliet's have what are called "hammerstems" with the little jog. The rest are straight stemmed.

Romeo and xx also have hammerstems. Xs have a variation of the hammerstems. The rest are straight stems.

4. samirb

samirb Oakley Beginner

Yeah, like the XX but a little "smaller" you know? So it is a thing specially for the polished juliet's?

Got it. Thanks for the full information Q.

5. samirb

samirb Oakley Beginner

The Xs is kind of a little circle on the middle of the earsterm...

6. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Its not smaller on the juliets, they are exactly the same shape in the romeo, xx and juliet

7. discostu

discostu Oakley Expert Premium Member

I love the hammer stem arms. I find it gives a little more room on the temple area and gives the frame a more aggressive appearance. The ichiro polished carbon also has these arms.

8. talismanx

talismanx Oakley Beginner

It seems on the Juliets if they are polished (any color) they have hammer stems. The 24k have them as well.

9. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

correct. it was never explicitly said, but youre right- only polished juliets have them. so polished raw, polished carbon and polished 24k. polished frames WOULD look abit plain with regular arms if you think about it.. the curve in the hammer catches light from more angles and make it look more bling ;)

10. samirb

samirb Oakley Beginner

Thanks for the information BriP!! Thats awesome man, i want a polished frame for me now, one thing i don't like on the juliets is the straight earstem.