1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. eric09

eric09 Oakley Beginner

Hello, so I've been checking ebay for some good deals on juliets and some sellers have Juliets that has no sku# on the frame (e.g. 24-125 / 04-143 / etc...)

Just curious as to why some doesn't have the sku#'s. I'm under the impression that all juliets have at least the sku#'s on the frame.

Are those cutom made?

And do cutom made juliets have any sku# on the frame?

Just want to make sure I'm getting an authentic one before bidding.

- Eric

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. FearGearGarage

FearGearGarage Oakley Collector

Eric...
    I think what you are referring to is the serial number on the older "Vintage" Juliets... The serial number looks something like "J001234"... The SKU numbers are not typically on the X Metal models, nor are the serial numbers as that was discontinued...

3. eric09

eric09 Oakley Beginner

Thanks for the response fear, but here are 2 ebay juliets for comparison.

Oakley Sunglasses Juliet X-Metal Ruby Iridium 24-125 | eBay
    Oakley Sunglasses Custom Juliet X-Metal Black Iridium | eBay

The first link shows a pic on the frame that has "24-125 55 O 21" embedded on the frame.
    The second link shows no SKU# on the frame so I'm just curious as to why it doesn't have one, the description on the 2nd link mentioned that early juliet models don't have the SKU# embedded, so now I'm confused.
    The title on the 2nd link mentions custom so I was thinking that custom ordered juliets have no SKU# but might as well ask here to be sure.

Thanks

Kenjie04 likes this.
  4. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Post serial Juliets (and many other X Metals..though not my post serial XX 24K) have the model number/sku engraved on the left earstem. I'm looking at my polished Juliets and Carbon X Squared and both have it. That said I don't think this was universal practice after December 2004...so not having it isn't a for sure sign of a fake. Now I'm pretty certain Oakley does NOT SKU mark frame stock that is to be used for custom builds because the SKU is for a specific lens/frame combo. Either way, successforsale is a well regarded seller of authentic Oakleys on eBay so I wouldnt be concerned there, although I am really curious where he gets his stock because none of it is boxed and all are custom builds that I think he is doing himself...given his location in Southern California, I suspect he is either an Oakley employee or has a direct source for product

5. Kenjie04

Kenjie04 Oakley Beginner

What is SKU for this one guys?little help here...thanks

Question About Juliets W/out Sku# On Frame - image.jpeg

6. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

That's a 1st gen "J" serial Juliet, which is the x-metal / Black Iridium colorway, SKU 04-110.

P226, discostu and Kenjie04 like this.
  7. Kenjie04

Kenjie04 Oakley Beginner

kronin323 likes this.
  8. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

:bump::crazypilot:

ajcon200 and Kenjie04 like this.
  9. Kenjie04

Kenjie04 Oakley Beginner

So its not 04-116

10. Kenjie04

Kenjie04 Oakley Beginner

Not a 04-116