• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question About Lenses

Well that blows. I don't understand why they would change an obviously red color to one that is so similar to the already popular fire.

I compared them side by side with my VR46 and side by side you couldn't tell the difference. My dealer was dumbfounded.

If you have the time and means dig through the drawers at your local O Store or Vault....Any decent O location should let you choose your own pair....... I was lucky enough to source a really dark pair of Rubys that have a decent amount of deep hues....these are less than 6 months old. Again IMHO its the luck if the draw. Dark pairs are still out there.

6u6e6asu.jpg

vajumypa.jpg

ju8upyje.jpg

4udaqahe.jpg

Last edited:
That's great! I just called a few vaults and they have some, all dark red, but they're over 500 miles from me.

Bsst bet is to hit stores and hand pick the pair that you like best. In lieu of that:
XMM will do a fine job no question. Not sure how you two would address the donors here.
DrChop will do a nice job but will require some patience on your part.
In this instance however I would probably reach out to IH and have him chop a pair of his big tacos into Juliets, chopping out the fire around the edges and leaving the ruby red center cut.
Any way you do it don't use anything other than Oakley OEM as a basis.

Back